Electric Cutouts

jballer323

Hello All. I was wondering if yall could help me out with something. I just got a 2008 Tahoe with the 5.3 and I have a corsa sport on it. I want to go with electric cutouts after the cats and before the muffler. How loud would it be and would I be in trouble with the law if I was to cruise around town with them open? Also, does anyone know what the legal DB sound limit for cars and trucks is in Texas? Thanks.

I also forgot to mention that this tahoe is my highway vehicle for the summer when I go to the beach house which is 10 1/2 hour away. I want cutouts so on the highway it will be almost perfectly quiet with them shut since the corsa is really quiet.

haha if your idea of quiet is a corsa sport then i think youre gunna need open headers :D . i have an 08 tahoe with the corsa sport and some shortie headers.... its loud enough to piss me off when im on the phone lol. but anyways- you will only need one cutout, and just about any exhuast shop can put it in for ya. yes, it is WAY beyond legal DB limit when open, so just be smart about it (ie 1am thru a neighboorhood is asking for it). since the good ones are only sold in pairs usually, and since another member needs one, you guys should go half and half. :thumbs: