? About Pcm Swap

wanger

got a pcm for my 03 ss, i picked one up out of a 03 sierra, the engine in that was a 5.3. my question is will i have to put the stock tune in it first then go from there, or can i just load my tune from hp tuners and roll out. any input? thanks fellas

got a pcm for my 03 ss, i picked one up out of a 03 sierra, the engine in that was a 5.3. my question is will i have to put the stock tune in it first then go from there, or can i just load my tune from hp tuners and roll out. any input? thanks fellas

You should be able to just load the tune and go. HOWEVER IM NO EXPERT, those pcms could be different. Maybe some of the more knowledgeable members will chime in here

yea it should work just fine. install it, then read the entire VCM, then do your tune and flash it in there. after, just do a crank relearn like 12srock said and your good to go. the relearn is only necesarry after a PCM swap

yea it should work just fine. install it, then read the entire VCM, then do your tune and flash it in there. after, just do a crank relearn like 12srock said and your good to go. the relearn is only necesarry after a PCM swap

If I understand correctly, he has a tune FILE that is for his truck, but a PCM from a 5.3 Sierra. You should be able to flash your file over the top of the 5.3 tune, as long as the PCMs are the same.

It will cost you 2 more credits to license that PCM however, even if you have a license for your tune file.

Mike

yea but he still needs to read the new vcm before he can write over it... I do custom dyno tunes with hptuners everyday, its a specialty lol

So he has to do a read, then just exit without saving? I guess he could save the tune as long as he doesn't confuse it for a 6.0 tune at some point in time.

HPTuners must make some changes to the PCM during a read then. I did not know this.

Mike