Damn Silverado Ss Owners!

Dylan06SS

Just the opposite in these here parts. I see lots of TBSS's running around and I have to be careful not to wave at the wrong time cause it might cause the Soccer Mom to drop her Starbuck's or lipstick and crash and burn. Don't want to have the "Law" lookin for me for "Inciting a Crash"!

SSS's are RARE around here, I might see 1 SSS for every 10 TBSS's I see.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I tried to wave at other SSS's and TBSS's, but get ignored the same. I also struggle to pick the SS's out of normal traffic as well. Blue SSS's are easy to see, they seem to stand out from the other Silverado's a bit more, but the other respected SS's blend in with their non-SS siblings.

Even though I've only owned the SSS 2 weeks tomorrow and since this thread was posted. I've been looking at all the TB's I see as well as trucks. I don't see them in our little town of 20,000

Some of the kids at work told me there are only 2 maybe 3 TBSS's in town and another guy said he's only seen 2 other SS's driving around in his 100 mile radius of Golf Courses. He wasn't even aware of the SS until I showed him what I was looking for.

But let it be knows. I'm looking for one just to see if I get a wave back. LOL

Guess I'm just kinda wishing SSS and TBSS owners were more like the vette crowd... anytime, anywhere I'm driving or riding shotgun in my dads vette all other vette owners waive or acknowledge eachother.

I hear you on that point. When I had my bikes, anytime I went riding and passed another motorcycle I gave a wave and get one in return. My dad had an MG and that crowd was the same way. Mainly with the other SSSs, I get the head turn at best.

Yes, but you guys are also bringing forth examples that is nothing like the SSS or TBSS. I can't throw a stone without hitting a Silverado or a Trailblazer, only once a month does one turn out to be another SS. You see a vette, you know it's a vette, you see a motorcycle, you know it's a motorcycle. Unless you're looking for it, which most of us are, you're not going to see the difference between an SS version and a non-SS version.

Guess I'm just kinda wishing SSS and TBSS owners were more like the vette crowd... anytime, anywhere I'm driving or riding shotgun in my dads vette all other vette owners waive or acknowledge eachother.

Back in the early 80's my parents had a VW bus, and every time my dad past another one, they waved. A couple of weeks ago some guy driving a SSS drove by my house, saw me getting out of my SSS, and chucked me a rev as I was waving. To me that means he wanted to race. :) Haveing a bone stock SSS, I didn't get back in and race him. I've waved to other SSS owners, and TBSS owners, and 8 times out of 10 they look at me like I'v got 3 heads. :confused:

I've not recieved a wave back from any SSS or TBSS unless I already knew them.

I agree. When I had my '61 Corvette (a long time ago...) I always got a wave from other Corvette owners. I was curious when I started reading this thread if Corvette owners still did that.

About 8 years ago, I sold my '70 vette and the local corvette club members in Iowa greatly encouraged it! It was supposed to be a wave from the top of the "A" pillar and done in somewhat of a parade wave fashion. That's how the other owner would know you were a club member... I always thought that the ones who weren't a club member would think I was a fairy, so only waved if they waved first! :lol:

Seems the opposite around here. Rarely see anothe SSS but there's TBSS's all over the place. Tried talking to a few of them but most don't even seem to know what they've got??? One guy actually said he wasn't sure but he thinks it's got a hemi in it!! :yellow_loser: I just walked away shaking my head. :banghead:
:withstupid: There are a few around me, but we don't see each other that much. I do run accross a black one and a red one on my way to work once in a while. I don't think they're on here, though. I do see a bunch of TBSSs.

ya i actually see quite a few SSS's here, and 9 outa 10 are modified lol. only two or three of them have actually been friendly back, but like you all said.... their trucks showed obvious signs of a heavy enthusiast. and to back up the SSS guys- majority of the TBSS's i sell are to people who have no remote idea what they just bought. most will never do anything but pick the kids up and get grocerys (not that theres anything wrong with that :D just a waste of precious 93 octane :lol: ) so i understand them seeming to be cold. they prob think their brights are on or something haha.

not to go off topic, but i was messing arround with my buddys lightning a few weeks back. i was reving the SSS up to 7k when i had cutouts, and his CD in his truck was skipping lmao. anyways, these two people in a neon pull up and both SWEAR i "dont have no cheby engine, itsa hemi!!" i tried kindly explaining that the hemi was indeed less cubes and logically wouldnt have any purpose to be louder, not to mention um, ITS A CHEVY :wtf: none the less they were convinced i had a dodge engine (damn commericals!!) sorry again about sidetracking :idiot:

I'd have slapped him and called him Suzie.

most of them arent hardcore enthusiest like us. if they were they would be on this site already.

i know i give them acknowledgement but its always when im in my pos work truck f 150. so they have no clue i own one too.

i see them so often too , if i posted everytime i see one id have more post than benkey.

:withstupid: I agree 100%. Most just drive around ablivious. :smash: