Got A Problem...

smoke03

Ok my check engine line came on the other day. I had about a half a tank of gas. So then I filled it up and the light went off. Then I ran it down to about a half a tank of gas again and the light came back on. I filled it up AGAIN and the light went away. So I took it to AutoZone to get the code read (didnt want there opinions but got them anyway)

Got 2 Peices of paper:

1.) Oxygen sensor closest to the motor is bad

2.) Running to rich or to lean

3.) Fuel Pressure to Low

Paper 2:

1.) Other oxygen sensor on other side closest to motor was bad.

2.) Running to rich or to lean

3.) Fuel pressure to low.

The guy just couldnt beleive I cut my cats of and said thats why it was throwing the code and I would never get rid of them. But my rear 02's are deleted... :wtf:

any suggestion as to whats wrong

Edited by smoke03 (see edit history)

if i read your post correctly it said the sensors closest to the motor which in fact is not the after cat sensors it ts the pre oxygen sensors, makes no sense that deleted cats didnt cause this, post up the actual code when you get a chance

is say step on is replace the two pre-cat O2s..... clear the codes. if that doesnt work, you may need a fuel pump. the rich/lean codes are related to the other ones, they will go away when you find the source of the issue. id put a fuel pressure gauge on the rail, see what readings your getting at idle and WOT

is say step on is replace the two pre-cat O2s..... clear the codes. if that doesnt work, you may need a fuel pump. the rich/lean codes are related to the other ones, they will go away when you find the source of the issue. id put a fuel pressure gauge on the rail, see what readings your getting at idle and WOT

:withstupid: sounds like a fuel pump issue to me

DTC P0134 and P0154 are for O2 sensor inactivity but not at a low voltage (lean) or a high voltage (rich). You don't mention any driveability issues such as loss of power. It is not likely that both bank 1 #1 and bank 2 #1 sensors would fail at the same time unless there was something in the fuel to damage them.

The problem could be inoperative O2 sensor heater or heater circuit. I would check the O2-A fuse in the underhood fuse block as this is the circuit protection for the O2 heater circuit.

If you have acess to a scan tool or interceptor scan gauge, with the engine cold, turn the ign to the on position and monitor the O2 voltage on bank 1 #1 and bank 2 #1 sensors and you should see the voltage change after a few seconds indicating that the O2 sensors are warming up.

These are the preliminary checks I would run based on these being the only DTC's and there being no driveability issues. I also always ask myself, has there been any recent work that may influence my problem.

Good Luck!