Im Starting A New Trend

JSTAL

Ok guys i popped the question to my girl and well ya im doing all the wedding shit now. Well i wanna change the rules. I so sick and tired of all the bull crap places i have to register. For example Pier 1, Target, and Bed Bath and Beyond. Just to get more pots and pans, dog stuff, new sheets and more sht i dont want or need never-the-less have room for. So starting now Im registering at places that make sense. Places will get me things that are needed in a wedding. So FLT, TByrne, Texas Speed, and Magnacharger here i come. Ill make a list of all the stuff i need and send my friends and family there to get me wedding gifts that make sense.

p.s. does any one know a good lawyer cause after this i might be getting devorced lol

Ok guys i popped the question to my girl and well ya im doing all the wedding shit now. Well i wanna change the rules. I so sick and tired of all the bull crap places i have to register. For example Pier 1, Target, and Bed Bath and Beyond. Just to get more pots and pans, dog stuff, new sheets and more sht i dont want or need never-the-less have room for. So starting now Im registering at places that make sense. Places will get me things that are needed in a wedding. So FLT, TByrne, Texas Speed, and Magnacharger here i come. Ill make a list of all the stuff i need and send my friends and family there to get me wedding gifts that make sense.

p.s. does any one know a good lawyer cause after this i might be getting devorced lol

Register?

Hell I got Married 23 years ago and that wasn't even an issue.

Let people get what they want to get you or can afford to get. If you get 4 toasters and 3 blenders, etc... LOL

ya return them ;)

But if you do it your way. all the duplicates ya can sell on SSS. HEH HEH

I see where your coming from but it just blows me away with ppl asking for certain items. (How times have changed).

And Btw. Congratulations to the both of you! :cheers:

Tzer

I totally know what you mean. I'm getting married in July. Don't get me wrong, I love her to death- I'm just so sick and tired of all the planning and all the crap that goes into it. It's just ONE day and it's going to cost SOOOOO much money. It just doesn't seem right. Good luck & congrats :)

Wow, seems like everyone is getting married this year. My wife and I are going on 32 years + 3 years dating before we got married. Sometimes it seems like forever and some times it seems like just a couple years ago. Mostly it's good. Last couple years have been a little rocky because of my mother-in-law moving in with us. But that's a long story. Just say lot's of stress on everyone. I'm sure we'll get through it though.

The wedding is all about family and the bride. I agree it seems crazy to spend all that money for 1 day. I just wanted to have something small but ended up with a huge party and all the trimming. It was a good time and we got lots of stuff and money so it worked out o.k. Just remember that it's all about her and just sit back, keep your mouth shut and show up on time. You got the rest of your lives to do things your way. This is her day.

Last couple years have been a little rocky because of my mother-in-law moving in with us. But that's a long story. Just say lot's of stress on everyone.

I would literally live and sleep in my truck and the garage and would have no problem with it at all.

The wedding is all about family and the bride. I agree it seems crazy to spend all that money for 1 day. I just wanted to have something small but ended up with a huge party and all the trimming. It was a good time and we got lots of stuff and money so it worked out o.k. Just remember that it's all about her and just sit back, keep your mouth shut and show up on time. You got the rest of your lives to do things your way. This is her day.

:cheers:

Perfectly stated.

I would literally live and sleep in my truck and the garage and would have no problem with it at all.

:cheers:

/quote]

I've got a nice big shed in the backyard. Great place for my mother-in-law if I could get away with it. :jester:

Congrats! No planning for our wedding. We went to Vegas with a few friends and family and did the deed at New York New York. We had the best time and it did not cost us a fortune. Plus after the wedding we partied like crazy!!!!

I've been there a couple times... Part of me would love to do it that way- and another part wants a "real" wedding. It's like Bob said- it's HER day. I'm doing my best to sit back and shut up... the only other thing I'm doing is paying for it :(