Bser Rollpan Question

moog5050

Mine is coming in and getting painted this week. I did a search and it seems that I will only have to drill a couple of holes to install it myself (not a body guy). Once painted, can a novice install it? Also, while the other post didn't mention it, I assume you can just unbolt the bumper from below and don't need to take off all the plastic? Thanks in advance for any information you can offer.

Mine is coming in and getting painted this week. I did a search and it seems that I will only have to drill a couple of holes to install it myself (not a body guy). Once painted, can a novice install it? Also, while the other post didn't mention it, I assume you can just unbolt the bumper from below and don't need to take off all the plastic? Thanks in advance for any information you can offer.

i dont have a roll pan but from all the other posts i have read, its not that had to install, that is unless you dont know what tools are. dont think you need to take off any plastics but many members have the rollpan pre fitted and then body fill the ends to get a tighter match to the side cladding and then paint it :chevy:

if you are smart you will definiutly have a body shop fit it and install it is not by any means a paint and install part mine was a huge pain in the ass i was told there was extra material so you can grind the sides down to match when actually we had to cut both ends off the roll pan and make it longer to fit the width of my truck but the end result was worth trhe wait

DSCI0020-2.jpg

DSCI0005-2.jpg

DSCI0004-2.jpg

Thanks Guys. Brad, when you say it needs to be fitted, does that mean that the ends need to be trimmed before it can be installed?

Yes..Like Micheal said his had to have material added for the proper fit and others have to have some removed..best to let a body shop do it IMO