So Confused

Tzer

Hey guys.

I found a pretty good deal on a snug top bed cap (my color) and a bed rug.

I'm waiting on a reply but the tailgate cap might hinder the sale.

From my searching we're pretty much screwed on many of the bed caps due to the tailgate cap. And I also read when one removes it there are 4 holes. I looked at my tailgate cap today and wondered how one even removes it without damaging it. Is it 3M'd?

So it seem the only options are.....

1. Remove cap and fill and paint the holes.

2. Remove cap and get a flat silver or black cap to cover the holes.

3. Buy a A.R.E. cap (no deal compaired to what I found on the snug top).

4. Go with a soft cap. (Roll up or Flip).

5. F@&K it and leave it alone. (Open bed)

I think I'm willing to remove the SS tailgate cap and either get the holes filled or cap the tailgate for the deal this package it going for.  (If a cap will cover the holes).

Then there's the issue of re-installing a bed rug. I guess they are just Velcro'd in.

Damn I'm such a Noob.

Sorry just had to vent and possibly get pointed with some directions.

Tzer

bedrugs are held in by hook and loop tape (ie velcro).

the SS tailgate cap will have to go, no matter what. the rare tonnau covers that say for tailgate cap are for the Z71 plastic step caps, not the SS caps. all you have to do is remove the SS cap, held on with double sided tape. then get any flat protective type of cap, held on with the same tape. the bed covers will all close over the caps, so they arent visible anyways

bedrugs are held in by hook and loop tape (ie velcro).

the SS tailgate cap will have to go, no matter what. the rare tonnau covers that say for tailgate cap are for the Z71 plastic step caps, not the SS caps. all you have to do is remove the SS cap, held on with double sided tape. then get any flat protective type of cap, held on with the same tape. the bed covers will all close over the caps, so they arent visible anyways

Thank you kelleyperformance for the 7 min after posting reply :cheers:

So a flat cap should/would cover the "holes" then. Sweet!

I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Tzer

the SS tailgate cap will have to go, no matter what. the rare tonnau covers that say for tailgate cap are for the Z71 plastic step caps, not the SS caps.

Sorry, but that is incorrect.

The lid will fit over the stock SSS tailgate cap. I'm surprised no one has said anything yet. I was one of the first on this site to get the Snuglid SL on the SSS . There were ALOT of people asking if it would fit back in the day. Do a search under my username from way back and you should find the thread. Once again, the bed cover WILL fit over the stock SSS tailgate cap, no need to get that ugly tailgate cap.

Edited by r8rs4lf (see edit history)

Sorry, but that is incorrect.

The lid will fit over the stock SSS tailgate cap. I'm surprised no one has said anything yet. I was one of the first on this site to get the Snuglid SL on the SSS . There were ALOT of people asking if it would fit back in the day. Do a search under my username from way back and you should find the thread. Once again, the bed cover WILL fit over the stock SSS tailgate cap, no need to get that ugly tailgate cap.

Well that's even better news then! :cheers:

Thank you r8rs4lf.

I'll hopefully get to confirm this once the seller calls or emails me and says "Yea I still have it" LOL.