Sss.com Cft Contest - March & April - Vote Now!

usabodyguard

Read about our contest nominees then vote for your favorite  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next featured truck contest winner?

• Justin Lamanna
    • Brobradh77
    • Thomp62301

• 2 weeks later...

JUSTIN LAMANNA

This is a nice honor to be nominated for my 3rd consecutive FTC. Everyone should know my story by now on how I became on SSS owner and my truck progression to date.

Since my last write up I have added cleared headlights and Bilstein shocks. Currently plans/ funds are being made for my next addition: a naturally aspirated 12.25:1 511cid LSX block with a 300 shot of NOS. ET heads and cam specs will be: 258-264/610 645@112. 22" CCW wheels are being looked into as well.

I have an old video on youtube titled: 2003 silverado ss doughnuts awd check it out!

Justin Lamanna: 11.99 @ 112mph

Performance:

• Kenne Bell 2.2L 90mm Supercharger -Non Intercooled

• ETP 225 chamber, 11 degree Head w/ stage 3 valves/springs

• Custom grind Comp Cam (224º-226º /.591"-.600" @114ºlsa)

• 90mm FAST Intake

• 90mm LS6 Throttle Body Conversion-Speartech Harness

• 8 Rib Pulley Set-up w/ Overdrive Crank Pulley

• Rollmaster Dual Chain Set w/ Torrington Bearing

• Trick Flow Chromalloy Push Rods

• ARP Head Studs

• Corvette Valley Pan

• 60 lbs Fuel Injectors

• FAST Fuel Rails

• Walbro 255lph In-Line Fuel Pump

• Aeromotive Compact EFI Fuel Regulators 35-70 psi

• Taylor 409 Race-Fit Pro Race Spark Plug Wires, 10.4mm

• NGK TR6 Spark Plugs, .032 gap

• Dynatech Long Tube Headers w/ gutted Dynatech Converts

• Custom Dual Exhaust with Cut-Outs

• Transgo HD2 Shift Kit w/ Billet Servos

• Trailblazer 2800 Torque Converter

• Flex-A-Lite Duel Electric Fans

• 160˚ Thermostat

• Yellow Top Battery

• Tuning done by Ed Wright @ FASTCHIPS

Styling:

• Good Mark Steel Cowl Hood

• BF Goodrich G-Force Tires, 295-40-20

• Belltech 2" front and rear drop (spindles and shackles) w/ 2* shims

• GM Factory Fog Lights

• Cleared Head Lights/ Parking Lights

• BSER Custom Roll Pan

• Hidden Hitch

• Kenne Bell Fuel Pressure/ Boost Gauges

• Ultra Lift Tonneau Cover w/ Gas Struts

• Bilstein Shocks

• Bed Rug

Here are my pics!

DSC_17631.jpg

DSC_17531.jpg

DSC_17561.jpg

DSC_07791.jpg

roll_pan_exhaust1.jpg

Low_beams_fog_lights1.jpg

front_rear_view1.jpg

guages1.jpg

Copy_of_DSC_07261.jpg

Copy_of_IMG_11431.jpg

8_Rib1.jpg

Dsc07533_x0011.jpg

Edited by usabodyguard (see edit history)

BROBRADH77

First I am truly honored just to nominated on a forum full of bad ass trucks. Now my love story, I got my truck April 06 and i originally wasn't going to buy the truck but they knocked $11K of the price so i took it as kind of a gift to myself after all I have been through since June 03 and my work accident. Here is a couple of pics of what it originally looked like before I had them remove all the intimidator badging and decals.

stickertruck2.jpg

stickertruck1.jpg

The modding began with a sunroof which i have no pics of and then my 5 piece carriage works grill and shopman1 bowtie with SS inlay which is seen here with my new plates and black outs.

IMG_2255.jpg

From there it was time for a little performance in that I purchased a Volant C.A.I and a custom tune, Zippy shift kit, and a Yank TT2600 stall. I also have had a stereo system put in with a custom vynal box to match the interior-2 10" CVR's pushed by a Kicker ZX750.1

IMG_2069.jpg

I originally was gonna stop thee until I decided I had to get some wheels. I wanted a set you won't see any where else so after months of photoshopping and opinions of friends I settled on Niche Flares in a 22x9.5 wrapped in a Nitto 420S 305/40/22 and you can also see the painted calipers me , Michael, and Steve did while lowering the truck thanks again guys.

IMG_2057.jpg

From there it was a 2/2 drop with the great help from Michael aka "PimpSS" and Steve aka "Mr. P" thanks again guys. here is a few pics of the truck with its new stance and painted tails.

IMG_0558.jpg

I have since then installed 6K HIDS that I absolutely recommend to anyone and my spray in bedliner with the SS inlay. Thanks Chris and Tommy at Lonestar Conversions in Sherman, Tx for one hell of a job on the Super Liner well worth my 2 hr. drive.

IMG_2230.jpg

From there it was time to upgrade my components to Kicker Ks mids,highs, and 4x6’s pushed by a kicker zx 350.4 and added a Valor Double Den you can see in this pic along with my gauge set up and passport radar detector J.

IMG_3084.jpg

Right after the stereo upgrade came the really fun part. With help from my friends Danny (sprayed99), who hooked me up with all the performance mods, and Steve (Mr.P), and also Michael (PimpSS), Justin (wreckers), Ash (danny’s G/f) we were able to get my Radix (2.8” pulley now), Pacesetter LT’s, GT2-3 Cam, cat delete, corsa sport with cut out and my snow performance meth kit, 60# injectors all installed. I have since purchased EFI Live and want to also thank Justin for all the help in that dept.

IMG_3096.jpg

Here are a few of my favorite pics and thanks again for the nod.

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

In the works sping break week 90mm Tb conversion on the Radix ,cam swap ,bser roll pan, lowering the truck 2 more inches in the rear. J

Edited by usabodyguard (see edit history)

Thomp62301

I remember watching a television program back in 1999 where they were testing the new Silverado. At the end of the segment I remember them saying Tire smoking sport truck in the works. From then on, I followed the development of the SS for the next few years. The more I read about it, the more I had to have one. So finally in March 2003, I was driving home from work and saw the first SSs at the dealership. So I stopped in to check it out. Needless to say a couple hours later, I was driving home in the first black SS the dealer had.

It wasnt till June, 2004 when I took the truck to the GM Nationals in Carlisle, Pa and ran into a bunch of guys that began to tell me about this site called silveradoss.com. One truck stood out to me in the crowd, mwalls54s sprayed SS. Then and there I decided that Nitrous had to go on my truck. It wasnt long after that I signed up to the forum and have lived on here ever since.

While I am no were near having the fastest SSS, a truck that is capable of a low 12 sec quarter is still not to shabby in my mind. It still puts a smile on my face every time I dust off a F-Body or Mustang on the street or strip. My personal goal is to make that 11sec pass before the end of the year. A couple more mods and I believe I can make it.

I would like to thank all that have nominated me for TOTM consideration. Also my very understanding wife and my brother-in-law for all the help he gave me when I needed it. Silveradoss.com is by far the best forum I have ever been apart of and I thank everyone for all the helpful information that I have got here.

Luke

Best ¼ mile times to date

12.508 @ 106.81

12.699 @ 108.48

MODIFACATIONS:

-Cleared Out headlights and turn signals

-Silverstar lighting

-IPCW LED Taillights

-35% Window tint

-Baer DecelaRotors

-Hawk Brake Pads

-Optima Red Top Battery

-Hypertech 160 degree thermostat

-Dynatech Supermaxx long tube headers and high flow cats.

-Custom made 3 dual exhaust with x-pipe and Flowmaster single chamber race mufflers

-Hooker Headers 3.5 exhaust tips

-K & N 77 Series cold air intake

-Nitrous Express GM E.F.I Wet Kit With 150hp Jetting

-Thunder Racing Timing Tuner & Nitrous Controller

-Fairbanks Performance Billet Servo Kit

-Zippy Shift Kit

-Yank PT3200 Torque Converter

-B&M Heavy Duty Trans Cooler

-Custom made trans cooler lines, Russell -6AN stainless steel line and fittings

-Auto Meter dual gauge pod

-Auto Meter air fuel gauge

-Auto Meter fuel pressure gauge

-Tuned with HP Tuners software

DSC00272.jpg

DSC00274.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

HPIM0629.jpg

HPIM0634.jpg

HPIM0635.jpg

DSC00286.jpg

Geez, another difficult decision between 3 awesome trucks. My vote is in, may the best truck win! :chevy:

:withstupid: let the best black truck win