What Kind Of Tires Is Everyones Runing

04rcss

hey everyone i am in the middle of buying chrome ss rims from another member on the site(superredss..great guy to deal with). anyways i am only getting his rims no tires....so i have been searching websites like tirerack and see alot of decent tires out there.i want the stock size 285/55/20. for now i dont want to spend a ton on a top of the line tire i just need something descent that wont wear out quickly!! ive heard goodyear eagles are soft compuond and are gone before you know it. but i like how they look with the rounded edges compared to the sharper side wall ones(i know im wierd like that lol). if anyone could help maybe some pics that would be great thanks in advance!!

i have pirelli scorpion atr's. pretty nice i like them so far. only have about 5000 miles on them maybe. handle really well in wet and snow, very quiet ride, you might not like them though cause they have a pretty agressive side wall (not smooth)

Goodyears and no good for badyears lol. I personally like Cooper tires. They have an excellent ride and are really quiet. I don't have them personally but my grandpa had some coopers on his Expedition that replaced goodyears and the difference was night and day. My other choice would be some Kuhmo's, my parents had some kuhmo tires on there Cobra mustang that had a good ride and nice and quiet. Like the other guys on here I've heard good things about the Perelli Scorpion ATR's.

Factory SS tire size is 275/55/20. When my factory Goodyear's decide to wear out I plan on putting some Cooper Zeon XST's on.

Unfortunately, the Cooper Zeon XST is not made in the 275/55/20 size. I have 285/45/22 Zeon XSTs on my summer wheels and wanted to get them on my stock wheels for the winter. Since I could not get the Zeon XSTs, I got the Cooper Discovery H/T Plus instead, since they come in 275/55/20. They are very similar. I have been more than happy with both sets of Cooper tires.

The stock Goodyears did suck, but mine lasted 55K miles. I replaced mine with General Grabber UHPs. Had them for about 20K miles, and have about 1/2 tread left. I'm happy with them so far.

how in the hell u get 55k out of the stockers?? im on 17k and maybe have another 10k on them

how in the hell u get 55k out of the stockers?? im on 17k and maybe have another 10k on them
I don't know. :crackup: I'm a pretty conservative driver most of the time. I have heard of some people getting from 20K to 60K out of stockers. Like I said, though, that was the ONLY good thing about them. I'll never buy a set of GY tires.