Problems With Hid's

So i noticed a problem that does not make me to happy about my HID lights. I have the lights in my dims and i love them as long as im driving around with my dims on. Well i was driving home on a long trip, and there was verry little traffic so my bright Lights were on for quite a long time. Then when a car came i turned off my brights and wow i could barely see. My Hid's were realy dark and it took a second for them to warm up. I nearly ran off the road because i could not see.

I was just wondering if it was common for HID light to take a few seconds to warm up or is it just my cheap chineese Ebay lights?

I was thinking about getting the kit that keeps the dims on when the brights are on. i had this in my las truck and loved it but i did not have HIDs then. My fear is that this may pull to much power especially if i get HIDs in the brights. and im afraid that having both the dims and the brights on at the same time will be too hot and start to melt my lenses or the wires.

What do you guys think

no they do need to warm up but mine have lots of usable light at start up, no problems at all. BTW why do you use your high's? my low beams are all i need, they are way brighter than the highs. . . .

Yeah my dims are brighter then my brights but they dont seem to shine as far down the road as the brights and the brights cover much more area.

Yeah my dims are brighter then my brights but they dont seem to shine as far down the road as the brights and the brights cover much more area.

That statement surprises me..What K is your HID's? My low beam HID's put my highs to shame in every aspect. Dustance and area it lights up and visibility i'm running 6000k

I've done the 4High diode mod on my 03 so when I have the Highs on my Lows are also on. Your HID's would always be warm then. But you better take out a loan cause this mod costs a whopping $1, yes ONE DOLLAR or less! Diode can be bought at your local Radio Shack.

4 Hi Mod thread

Note: I've had this done for several years now and have had no problems with it.

I've done the 4High diode mod on my 03 so when I have the Highs on my Lows are also on. Your HID's would always be warm then. But you better take out a loan cause this mod costs a whopping $1, yes ONE DOLLAR or less! Diode can be bought at your local Radio Shack.

4 Hi Mod thread

Note: I've had this done for several years now and have had no problems with it.

AGREED!! also throw some hi beam HIDs in while you are at it. you will be much happier.