Hunting Texas

Hey guys,

My buddy and i want to come down and do some boar/pig hunting in texas, but i don't know where to start. I would prefer hunting on public land or on a private ranch not so much a game farm. I'll hunt a game farm if its our only choice...but i prefer hunting a true wild pig. I've heard all you need is a small game permit, is this true? Any one know a rancher with a boar problem willing to let some guys hunt his property, or any public hunting spot good for boar? Or have you done a pig hunt on a game farm and it was good?

Thanks all

Brad

Hey guys,

My buddy and i want to come down and do some boar/pig hunting in texas, but i don't know where to start. I would prefer hunting on public land or on a private ranch not so much a game farm. I'll hunt a game farm if its our only choice...but i prefer hunting a true wild pig. I've heard all you need is a small game permit, is this true? Any one know a rancher with a boar problem willing to let some guys hunt his property, or any public hunting spot good for boar? Or have you done a pig hunt on a game farm and it was good?

Thanks all

Brad

brad, the best place to hunt wild boar in texas is out east. my grandparents live out near jacksonville, texas and there are wild boar everywhere. we would hunt them all the time when i would visit.. i was much younger at the time, so i'm not sure on the regulations.

if you could find some land to hunt out that way, i don't think you would have any troubles finding any game.

some guys i work with just got back from a bow hunting game farm down there. They hunted like a 100 acre boar farm and each one got treed at least 2 twice. One guy got charged with no trees in the area and had to jump over the boar. They said its scary hunting something that is hunting you.

I've heard they are like pests to the ranchers down there, so i assume they're a whole bunch down there. I've hunted northern WI for like 15 years now and have never seen the "wild pigs" we are supposed to have.