I figured I would go ahead and ask both questions in one post, so:

1) When leaving a stoplight, my truck kind of studders, it feels like to me the tranny is searching for the correct gear or something, but that is just a guess. It has happened twice this week. I am taking my truck to the dealer in the next day or two to get the rear tail light fixed, and I was wondering if this was a big deal and I needed to get them to check the tranny out, or if it was just something that occasionally happens?

2) I have been looking into getting a trailblazer tc, but I was wondering if the higher stall is only beneficial if it is used. I never go to the track, and I very rarely stall my truck to get a quicker launch. So I guess my question is would the higher stall tc do more harm than good if I would rarely use the benefits of having a higher stall speed?

Any help is appreciated, Thanks :D

1.) It does sound like a tranny issue but I'm just guessing as well. It has happened to me probably once or twice since I've had the truck for a year and half and my tranny and truck is still running strong. Is it hot where you are? When my truck did it, it was pretty damn warm. Wish I could help you out more but I'm sure some of these other guys will have a better answer.

2.) If you rarely stall your truck or take it to the track then I would say no. I don't have one for that reason. If I raced my truck alot or drove it spiritedly I probably would but I don't. Again I'm sure one of these other guys here can help you more than me I'm just throwing my 2 cents in there.

Before you consider the TBTC you need to think about towing. you can only tow around 4,200 lbs with a TBTC I think. I've got the TBTC but I also have a radix so the stall is fun for me driving around town.

Thanks for the help guys :cheers:

Does anyone have info/opinions about my transmission? I am taking my truck to the dealer tomorrow and I was wondering if I need to bring it up or not, because I don't want it to get messed up from them trying to find something wrong if there is nothing wrong with it.

Thanks for the help guys :cheers:

Does anyone have info/opinions about my transmission? I am taking my truck to the dealer tomorrow and I was wondering if I need to bring it up or not, because I don't want it to get messed up from them trying to find something wrong if there is nothing wrong with it.

Are you under warranty? It can't hurt to have them scan it while its there. Maybe all you need is a trans flush. In terms of the TBTC, if you don't go to the track or drive like John Force I wouldn't do it. A higher stall TC will decrease towing capacity and increase tranny temps, not to mention it will put a small dent in your wallet. :chevy:

Are you under warranty? It can't hurt to have them scan it while its there. Maybe all you need is a trans flush. In terms of the TBTC, if you don't go to the track or drive like John Force I wouldn't do it. A higher stall TC will decrease towing capacity and increase tranny temps, not to mention it will put a small dent in your wallet. :chevy:

Yes I am under warranty (for only a few months more). Will something show up in a scan even if the check engine light isn't on?

As for the tc, I do like to take advantage of the "benefits" of driving a half-ton truck with a large motor, and as much as I would love to not lose the towing capability, the reality is that I havn't towed anyhting since I bought my truck, about 1 year ago. How much quicker will the tbtc make the truck during street driving, not utilizing the higher stall? The reason I am not worried about using stall is because currently traction is a big problem ( stock goodyears :banghead: ) and I am sure it will only get worse after my planned future mods, which are tune, t-stat, shift kit, and headers.

Sorry for all the questions, but I am trying to get all the info I can before I start buying parts.

Yes I am under warranty (for only a few months more). Will something show up in a scan even if the check engine light isn't on?

As for the tc, I do like to take advantage of the "benefits" of driving a half-ton truck with a large motor, and as much as I would love to not lose the towing capability, the reality is that I havn't towed anyhting since I bought my truck, about 1 year ago. How much quicker will the tbtc make the truck during street driving, not utilizing the higher stall? The reason I am not worried about using stall is because currently traction is a big problem ( stock goodyears :banghead: ) and I am sure it will only get worse after my planned future mods, which are tune, t-stat, shift kit, and headers.

Sorry for all the questions, but I am trying to get all the info I can before I start buying parts.

The best "SOTP" mods IMO is a stall, zippy shift kit/servos for a AWD SS. I loved my TBTC and zippy shift kit/servos even before my radix. The truck takes off super hard when you can stall it to 2400 or so and zippy's shift kits are great IMO. Just make sure to add a bigger trans cooler to keep the temps down. Yes it will put a dent in your wallet but worth it in my opinion for a AWD SS. Too bad you don't have AWD so with 2WD I probably wouldn't do the mods yet. Traction is going to be a huge problem with 2WD. Are you thinking FI or a CAM down the road?

Are you thinking FI or a CAM down the road?

For the VERY future of my truck, I would like to build a really strong performing n/a truck, so to answer your question it would probably include a cam, heads, etc. But unless I win the lottery, that will be a few years down the road. For now, my goal is to simply turn my truck into a strong daily driver.

For the VERY future of my truck, I would like to build a really strong performing n/a truck, so to answer your question it would probably include a cam, heads, etc. But unless I win the lottery, that will be a few years down the road. For now, my goal is to simply turn my truck into a strong daily driver.

Well I would hold off on the a torque converter so that you can match the stall with your cam/heads unless you're like me. I've got the TBTC for now until I get a built trans with a much better converter which will be a few years down the road. I don't tow/haul anything heavy enought to matter about the lower tow lbs of the TBTC.

Yes the Tech2 at the dealer ship will show how the tranny is shifting, solenoids firing, etc.

In terms of the tranny and TC, the converter will act like a stock converter unless your foot is in it. A higher stall converter will help the engine stay in its power band , therefore putting more power to the wheels. YOUR TRANS IS NOT SOMETHING TO CHEAP OUT ON! The transmissions in these trucks are a common weak point, if you are planning on dropping the trans for a TC swap, it is best to install the shift kit and servos at the same time........

:chevy:

Yes the Tech2 at the dealer ship will show how the tranny is shifting, solenoids firing, etc.

In terms of the tranny and TC, the converter will act like a stock converter unless your foot is in it. A higher stall converter will help the engine stay in its power band , therefore putting more power to the wheels. YOUR TRANS IS NOT SOMETHING TO CHEAP OUT ON! The transmissions in these trucks are a common weak point, if you are planning on dropping the trans for a TC swap, it is best to install the shift kit and servos at the same time........

:chevy:

I got the truck back from the dealer today, and the guy said they had to scan the truck to help find the problem I took it in for (not the tranny), so if there were something wrong with the tranny also, I feel like he would have told me...I hope lol.

Well I am for sure adding a shift kit and servos (probably the first mod), and the more I think about it the more I am leaning toward getting the tbtc and just dealing with the reduced towing ability even though it will probably never be a problem. I mean I would much rather be able to go fast than be able to pull a house :jester: . However, and I do apologize for the repeated questions, but does the higher stall also mean that the rpms are higher when cruising compared to the stock tc. For example- stock @ 70= 2000 rpm, tbtc @ 70=??

Thanks

I got the truck back from the dealer today, and the guy said they had to scan the truck to help find the problem I took it in for (not the tranny), so if there were something wrong with the tranny also, I feel like he would have told me...I hope lol.

Well I am for sure adding a shift kit and servos (probably the first mod), and the more I think about it the more I am leaning toward getting the tbtc and just dealing with the reduced towing ability even though it will probably never be a problem. I mean I would much rather be able to go fast than be able to pull a house :jester: . However, and I do apologize for the repeated questions, but does the higher stall also mean that the rpms are higher when cruising compared to the stock tc. For example- stock @ 70= 2000 rpm, tbtc @ 70=??

Thanks

the TBTC should drive like a stock converter at cruise, my PI Vigilante does also.......