Lifted Ss?

I just bought an 04 SS I understand that alot of guys on here lower them however, I

want to raise Mine It will look good i think with the body trim an I would like to

take advantage of the all wheel drive Does anyone know of any kits availible?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really don't want to do that do you? :( As stated before they are sport trucks. They are meant to go down not up. You might find it difficult to get components to raise the vehicle. Good luck with the search.

I Dont see how AWD an 4WD can be that big of a differnce its all the same stuff pretty much. I dont want to lower

a Full size truck anymore than it already is. They would look better BIGGER an on some 38" tires

Edited by J.R. (see edit history)

:nono: ...expect this in alot of replys

:pop: Not sure if I concider the SS a sport truck. 15 second quarter mile with weak a$$ brakes; sport truck???

Let the guy do what he wants. Jack that sonofabich up, haha.

SSSmoke i hope your not flipping me off kinda childish, SS Silv has a very good point with the stock numbers I just want a very smart

SS Silverado member to help me out.

SSSmoke i hope your not flipping me off kinda childish, SS Silv has a very good point with the stock numbers I just want a very smart

SS Silverado member to help me out.

He is not flipping you off. He is just waving a no no finger at you. He is just stating that you will get a lot of responses as to why you would want to raise the truck. Everyone here is very helpful, they just have their own ideas as to what is cool or not. If you do find something and lift it be sure to post pics as most of us would really like to see it.

I couldnt tell if it was or not. An I'm hoping someone on here will help me out. Whats the difference between

the 2WD, AWD system an the 4WD system that would prevent me from raising my truck. Since you can raise both the

2WD an 4WD I dont see how it would not be possible to Raise the AWD version.

Edit: I tried sending that guy a pm but im not sure it went through, it didnt show up in my sent folder

Edited by J.R. (see edit history)

I couldnt tell if it was or not. An I'm hoping someone on here will help me out. Whats the difference between

the 2WD, AWD system an the 4WD system that would prevent me from raising my truck. Since you can raise both the

2WD an 4WD I dont see how it would not be possible to Raise the AWD version.

diference is awd is non switchable. the 4wd's will be slit 50/50 front to rear and the awd is split 32 to the front and 68 to the rear.

there is nothing stopping you eny 4wd lift kit will work

im not a huge fan of liting something , i like more long traveled stuff just becasue it can be used in an offroad way , while lifting your truck it can be taken offroad but not very agressivly .

its you rtruck do what you like .

I remember seeing pics on here somewhere of a SS that had a lift kit, sort of looked strange. When I bought my SS I parked it right next to my old Z71 and they were both about the same height, I always thought the 20 inch wheels made up the difference in ground clearence but I could be wrong (which I usually am).

J.R. I dont have a problem with you lifting it, it will be unique for sure but I was just stating that alot of members think the other way. Personally, I love lifted trucks and almost lifted my 00 silverado before I bought this. I personally would not lift a SS but then again, its not my vehicle. If you do decide to go through with it, post up some pictures, who knows..maybe you'll be the guy that starts the new trend.

Anyways, best of luck to you if you decide to do it.