Ngk Tr5ix Plugs

the correct part number is ngk tr55ix and they should already be gapped to the right spec. in you need colder plugs the are the nkg tr6ix and those are gapped to .35. I can remember if there is a tr5 or not but if there is, it would be gapped different from the 55

Read the description,its pretty self explanatory, very easy to use:

http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/756211/11056/-1

dude i got a hand ful of these gappers, but ive never gapped a plug with such a fine pointed electrode, and im breaking them off. its obvious that i cant gap them the same way as regular plugs.

is anyone running the ngk tr5ix iridium tip plugs? if so how the hell do you gap the damn things?? already popped the tip of the electrode off 2 of themm( 6.70 a piece)!! gap is .040 . please tell me the trick before i chuck the rest of them over my neighbors house.

why are you changing them out? the stock delco plugs are already iridium tip. . . . .do you need a cooler plug?

Well my experience is if you actually check the gap verry carefully they are all off. Not gaping them is bull I used needle nose pliers to pull up on the strap slightly and gaped my A/C Delco Iridiums at .045. Always carefully check & set your gap IMO.

Edited by 04BlackSSAWD (see edit history)

Well my experience is if you actually check the gap verry carefully they are all off. Not gaping them is bull I used needle nose pliers to pull up on the strap slightly and gaped my A/C Delco Iridiums at .045. Always carefully check & set your gap IMO.

:withstupid: I always check the gap prior to installation. Who's to say a mistake wasn't made at the factory, or the box got dropped, or whatever. Can't hurt to check!

:withstupid: I always check the gap prior to installation. Who's to say a mistake wasn't made at the factory, or the box got dropped, or whatever. Can't hurt to check!

I wasn't saying not to check them - I checked all of mine and they were correct. It's been a long time since I've seen a plug that wasn't pre-gapped correctly. Just my $.02