Presidential Election

BOB47

What do you think? Looks like Obama vs McCain. I'm undecided still but I think if it's those two, Obama will win. McCain is pretty good except for his stance on the war and illegal aliens. I don't like Obamas' stance on the war either though. Whoever gets it, I hope they can turn this economy around.

Let's hear your views.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think? Looks like Obama vs McCain. I'm undecided still but I think if it's those two, Obama will win. McCain is pretty good except for his stance on the war and illegal aliens. I don't like Obamas' stance on the war either though. Whoever gets it, I hope they can turn this economy around.

Let's hear your views.

I'd probably vote for McCain. Economy is hurting because of oil prices and their effect on everything. No new president is going to help our economy IMO unless they can do something about oil. Can't wait to pay $3.55 today for gas and over $4.00 this summer. :banghead:

I'm a McCain man all the way. He has the best REAL solution to health care in this country. He will NOT tax us to death. He will not support frivolous government spending.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/10/news/econo...sion=2008031109

AND HE WILL SALUTE THE AMERICAN FLAG and support our troops to the end, whether the Iraq war is justified or not.

You want the economy to turn around? Vote McCain. Remember who signed NAFTA into law...ahem...clinton...ahem...

Anyone other then Obama. McCain is who I will vote for. I just can't have a president that does not put his hand over his heart and does not wear an American Flag. Not to mention his lack of experience...

:flag:

Mccain all the way for me as well....Obama...i just cant have it. He doesnt salute the flag and he will pull the troops out faster then a mofo. Mccain has had military experience and i think that should be requirment for all canidates. If Obama wins we will have terrorists living in the white house soon enough

has had military experience and i think that should be requirment for all canidates

I would disagree with that statement. You should read the federalist papers and understand the intentions of the office of the president when it was designed by the framers of the constitution. Military experience shoul dnot be required because it would severely limit the selections available.

Even though you and I are on the same page candidate wise :)

I think all 3 are a bad choice but all 3 will be an improvement over whats in ther now IMO. I want a presidient who will toss Nafta out the window and end this unwinnable war.

:withstupid: and a president who will help limp this crappy economy back to health

I'm still undecided, we DEFFINETLY..DO NOT WANT 2 Clinton's in the white house. can you just picture Hillary as president, and SLICK WILLIE as VP.. :banghead::puke::sick::M16:

I'll see what happens just before elections to decide in who gets my vote. both have good points and bad.

:seeya:

I'm still undecided, we DEFFINETLY..DO NOT WANT 2 Clinton's in the white house. can you just picture Hillary as president, and SLICK WILLIE as VP.. :banghead::puke::sick::M16:

I'll see what happens just before elections to decide in who gets my vote. both have good points and bad.

:seeya:

I'm still undecided too, plus not knowledgable enough on each candidate's stance on the issues. Once they decide who's running in November, I'll see what each stands for, and choose.

I get what you are saying about Bill Clinton being the VP from the sidelines, but technically, he can not be VP EVER because he has fulfilled his term limits in office and he would not be eligible to become president should something happen to his wife.

I get what you are saying about Bill Clinton being the VP from the sidelines, but technically, he can not be VP EVER because he has fulfilled his term limits in office and he would not be eligible to become president should something happen to his wife.

I thought the rules were 2 consecutive terms and then you could sit out and run again?

EDIT I saw where they changed that in 51

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

Worst time to argue with me about the presidency. I am taking a constitutional law class focused on the Executive Branch this semester. I have learned some very interesting things, things I would have never guessed.

The framers never intended for there to term limits.

No one person can serve more than a total of 10 years a president, consecutive or not. If a VP assumes the presidency for less than 2 years, he can run for two more terms. If he assumes it with more than two years remaining, he would not be allowed to run for two more terms, just one. Pretty stinky. I think it was ammendment 21 or 22 if I recall correctly without looking it up...those get so confusing.