Presidential Election

BOB47

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do not care who the Democratic nominee eventually is, but they will have my vote. I am sick of picking up the NY Times and reading about the senseless deaths of soldiers my age, that haven't had a chance to get married, or start a family. Soldiers being buried by their parents. Some not even able to be brought home.

This war needs to come to an end so that soldiers can actually have some where to come home to. I am all for the security of our homeland, but that can be done with Stealth bombers and fighters. The focus of this new administration should be to tend to the healthcare problem, the economy, the millions of jobs leaving this country every year for Asia, poverty. We can all go down the line.

Edited by KissMySilvSS (see edit history)

I think all 3 are a bad choice but all 3 will be an improvement over whats in ther now IMO. I want a presidient who will toss Nafta out the window and end this unwinnable war.

I agree 100% Brad, i really dont care for any of the candidates and i know i am being optomistic but i really want a candidate(dont care about political affiliation) that will do the right thing for the country like fix the economy,stop illegal immigration,outsourcing and start reinvesting in America not China and other countries that hate us.

I know everyone is tired of reading about our troops dying. But pulling them out now is not that answer. I joined the Army (11B 10th Mountain) to go and fight and i did it twice...once in Afghanistan and once in Iraq. Everyone who is over their fighting right now signed up, they were not drafted. I lost alot of friends over there in both countries and know that they would not want there deaths to be for nothing...slowly we are taking that country. I am sure i will have a ton of disagreements here..but i hate when people say we should leave when they have not been there and seen the good that we have done first hand. The news shows nothing but the bad. Just my opinion again.

I know everyone is tired of reading about our troops dying. But pulling them out now is not that answer. I joined the Army (11B 10th Mountain) to go and fight and i did it twice...once in Afghanistan and once in Iraq. Everyone who is over their fighting right now signed up, they were not drafted. I lost alot of friends over there in both countries and know that they would not want there deaths to be for nothing...slowly we are taking that country. I am sure i will have a ton of disagreements here..but i hate when people say we should leave when they have not been there and seen the good that we have done first hand. The news shows nothing but the bad. Just my opinion again.

You're damn right. We're on our way to being the next France with all this talk of surrender.

Anyone other then Obama. McCain is who I will vote for. I just can't have a president that does not put his hand over his heart and does not wear an American Flag. Not to mention his lack of experience...

:flag:

So this is the criteria that you use to vote for the most powerful person on the planet?

We are all ****ed.

So this is the criteria that you use to vote for the most powerful person on the planet?

Patriotism is by far one of the most important attributes for a leader of this country. If we are a nation that has come to the point to respect the traditions this country was founded on is not important, we are truly f@#$ed as you have so eloquently put it.

How can that not bother you that the man does not believe in recognizing the American Flag. I'm sure you would vote for someone who burned and American Flag as well?

Truly sad...

Do you honestly believe that a candidate for President of the United States does not believe in recognizing the American flag? Regardless of your affiliation, I think we both know that Barrack Obama would not even be in contention if voters felt that he did not recognize the flag. If he did not recognize the American flag, then why has he led the pledge of allegiance in the Senate chambers numberous times (with his hand on his heart)? At least once on Feb. 1 2007, and again on June 21, 2007.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svo9mutE6TM

Well Obama and Clinton have flat out stated that their nationwide health care plans will require raising taxes for one. I also do not like the structure of the national health care program they are both proposing. Its basically like medicaid. I for one, deserve better than medicaid. Their program will stunt the medical field growth by capping and limiting care costs. Why do you think doctors go to school for 8 years and work 90hour weeks during residency? To take a pay cut? Most do it for the money first and help people second. We would fall farther behind in medical technology. Also, Democratic candidates are notorious for being for big central government and "Steal from the rich (which they figure anyone who makes $50k+yr to be rich) and give to the poor" tactics. Billy was responsible for NAFTA which helped create, not fully responsible, but helped create a HUGE vaccuum for manufacturing jobs in this country. When ever there is free trade, we lose out. Neither Dem candidate believes in bailing out some of the bigger credit corporations that might slip into trouble. They also want to tax them more as well. Search for the "bar stool economics" thread and you will understand why this is bad.

McCain's health plan is much responsible and gives personal responsibility to the insured. It will give tax credits to families to allow them to purchase health care policies on their own (they must buy insurance to receive the tax credit, which will more than cover the premium costs). Also, he will eliminate state boundaries for health insurance which allow insurance companies to become more competitive in coverage premiums. It will save employers billions in health care costs which will translate, at least partially, into raises, or be paid in revenue taxes to the federal government. Think about it. Its really quite brilliant. It will allow the industry to have freedom to pursue new technology.

The Dems will snuff out the auto industry in the name of gas mileage and not even realize they are doing it. The poor always want dems because they promise them government programs. Dont get me wrong, we need programs like that once in a while, but it is way over abused and quite frankly, I'm tired of feeding the corner whore with 5 kids on welfare.

Republicans in a nutshell are for freedom, less government, more personal responsibility, less taxes, etc.

Well Obama and Clinton have flat out stated that their nationwide health care plans will require raising taxes for one. I also do not like the structure of the national health care program they are both proposing. Its basically like medicaid. I for one, deserve better than medicaid. Their program will stunt the medical field growth by capping and limiting care costs. Why do you think doctors go to school for 8 years and work 90hour weeks during residency? To take a pay cut? Most do it for the money first and help people second. We would fall farther behind in medical technology. Also, Democratic candidates are notorious for being for big central government and "Steal from the rich (which they figure anyone who makes $50k+yr to be rich) and give to the poor" tactics. Billy was responsible for NAFTA which helped create, not fully responsible, but helped create a HUGE vaccuum for manufacturing jobs in this country. When ever there is free trade, we lose out. Neither Dem candidate believes in bailing out some of the bigger credit corporations that might slip into trouble. They also want to tax them more as well. Search for the "bar stool economics" thread and you will understand why this is bad.

McCain's health plan is much responsible and gives personal responsibility to the insured. It will give tax credits to families to allow them to purchase health care policies on their own (they must buy insurance to receive the tax credit, which will more than cover the premium costs). Also, he will eliminate state boundaries for health insurance which allow insurance companies to become more competitive in coverage premiums. It will save employers billions in health care costs which will translate, at least partially, into raises, or be paid in revenue taxes to the federal government. Think about it. Its really quite brilliant. It will allow the industry to have freedom to pursue new technology.

The Dems will snuff out the auto industry in the name of gas mileage and not even realize they are doing it. The poor always want dems because they promise them government programs. Dont get me wrong, we need programs like that once in a while, but it is way over abused and quite frankly, I'm tired of feeding the corner whore with 5 kids on welfare.

Republicans in a nutshell are for freedom, less government, more personal responsibility, less taxes, etc.

That is a pretty interesting take on the candidates as well as the parties, and their respective positions.

Im a libertarian and I find it amazing that you think that Republicans are for freedom, less government, more personal responsibility, or less taxes.

None of those things happens to be true.

Again, Im not defending the Democrats, Im just pointing out that your version of what the Republican party is, has no relation to reality.

Since 1980, under Reagan, Bush 1 and Bush 2, this country has seen more explosive growth in the size of government than at any time in history, including during the implementation of the New Deal. Fact. This is in fact so well documented that a simple Google search will reveal endless sources- from the governments own websites- that will show this.

In the last 7 years alone, we have seen the single largest increase in the size of government ever. According to the GAO, without adding government jobs,(and health workers) we would actually have a negative job growth rate since 2001. The Department Of Homeland Security is totally new and dwarfs almost all other agencies.

Next is the freedom- regardless of what you think about laws like The Patriot Act 1 & 2, The Military Commissions Act, the repeal of Posse Comitatus, warrantless surveilance, Total Information Awareness...I could go on and on.

We are living in what is quickly becoming a police state. However, instead of scaring the population with violence, like would be done in a totalitarian state, they do it with massive amounts of propaganda.

You will not be able to find a constitutional lawyer that agrees with your assertion of freedom being a Republican attribute, especially if the last 7 years are factored in.

Less taxes is almost laughable, if it werent so sad. For the average family earning under $200,000 a year, their nominal tax rate has actually increased, while taxes for the super wealthy, and large corporations has been reduced dramatically. Taxes dont always come in the form of money removed from your check. The increase in cost of living, including food, fuel, and other energy costs are every bit a tax as an income tax. It might not be called that, but then who cares what they call it when fuel has gone from $1.61 to $3.75 in 5 years. This might not be a problem for you, or maybe it is. Either way, 90% of Americans earn less than $100,000 a year, and for them it hurts.

The personal responsibility bit is truly a joke. Just look at what the criminals who looted Enron, Global Crossing, and so on, were sentenced to. Many of them got probation for stealing Billions of dollars from investors. What would happen to you if you ripped off your investors?

Lets also look at what our government is now doing with the financial crisis: they are throwing money at large corporation to keep them from sinking under the weight of their mistakes. I dont know what that is called, but it sure isnt the "free market" or "personal responsibility"

Or how about our beloved GM? All their top executives are riking in massive amounts of money, certainly much more than 99.9% of us, while their shareholders are getting screwed. Further, I remember that in 1995, during the Gingrich congress, GM paid less in federal income tax than I did.

Again, Im no Democrat and I think that Hillary would be a disaster for this country. Im not trying to get you to change your vote.

I am simply suggesting that you might want to give some thought to your reasoning for choosing a candidate, as the ones you gave are simply not based in fact.