putting bucket seats in the back

adams2003

Just read this topic. And I'm also thinking about the Tahoe rear bucket seats... As far as I know that was a std. option on the list.

So now it's just a matter of finding someone with that option, measuring everything, and there you go.

Once I've got mine (SS) first thing will be changing this, together with a complete black alcantara setup and perhaps respraying of the dash..

Pascal

Y'all, remember one thing, though: dimensions. There isn't that much room in the extended cab area. A standard fluffy bucket will steal a lot of room. Whatever is stuck in the extended area needs to be thinner than the standard bucket seat.

Y'all, remember one thing, though: dimensions. There isn't that much room in the extended cab area. A standard fluffy bucket will steal a lot of room. Whatever is stuck in the extended area needs to be thinner than the standard bucket seat.

I was just thinking the same thing...where are you going to the rear seat passengers legs? It's already tight back there. This Idea would work perfect in a Crew Cab, but not an ext. cab

I was just thinking the same thing...where are you going to the rear seat passengers legs? It's already tight back there. This Idea would work perfect in a Crew Cab, but not an ext. cab

I have always thought that someone "in the know" would have an idea where the promotional truck's EX CAB rear seats came from. I have dug all over the internet, trying to get some ideas. There are fold-up boat seats, and I have looked for seats that mount to the WALL rather than the floor, for easy fold up.

Even thought about Camaro or Firebird rear seats, but can't recall how they fit. I do know that they are small.

Didn't the earliest ext cab trucks (before the third door) have jump seats in the back? I'm thinking they folded up to the side...? :confused:

If you could find something like that, and have it covered with matching leather, it might work well in a current model ext cab...

Didn't the earliest ext cab trucks (before the third door) have jump seats in the back? I'm thinking they folded up to the side...? :confused:

If you could find something like that, and have it covered with matching leather, it might work well in a current model ext cab...

Only the s-series trucks had side mount "jump seats"

I was having a look at the 1st picture again; and those rear seats seem to be smaller then front seats: Also the headrests seem to be smaller...

Or is that just me? :)

I still guess this should be some kind of a standard option on another model..

Pascal

Archived