Digital Designs

Yeah I always like to go with a Brand that Is known for performance but if you think about it, Kicker,JL, Memphis. and MA Audio were all no names at one time so :withstupid: ^^ on this one. If they sound good and the price is right....GO FOR IT!

Those are good subs. Did that shop have those subs installed in a car or was it the store? I know they can handle some decent power.Do some research realm of excursion.com or steve meade designs.com

I ran DD subs during the 1999 dB Drag season and went undefeated (won the AMA 2 sub class). We pushed the limits of the subs and worked closely with the Owner of the company to fix some of their early development issues. At first we would tear the cones apart - they went reinforced CF in response. The subs would distort at low freq. (less than 30 Hz) - they went to Kevlar cones. The tinsel leads would arc - they went with insulated core wires. We only burnt out one voice coil EVER.

Keep in mind this was at very high power outputs in VERY large ported enclosures (over 5K RMS and 10ft3 of airspace with 250 in2 of port area tuned to 40-45Hz).

Their end product was one of the most advanced subs on the market. Companies like MMATS have purchased their raw materials from them (the baskets, magnets and coils), I was told by some reputable sources. I wouldn't hesitate one bit on buying their top of the line series. :cheers:

DD subs are BRUTAL - four 5108 in 3.1-cf off an Orion 2500.1 = 152 db. Lots of fun for the kids :D Good guys too, I have an open invite for a meet & greet the next time I go to OKC...

You can consider it pro equipment, their 9512 12" sub is about $950. But their 2500-series is the chit if you are running under a couple thousand watts. These subs however are of the old school "light cone, big motor, BIG ported box" approach so using them in our trucks means you pretty much give up the back seat entirely.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...