Ss's Wanted!

southsidemex23

On tuesday at about two in the morning my neighbor wakes me up to let me know that two guys have just tried stealing my truck. she scared them of by yelling at them. she said they tried starting the truck but it wouldnt start. they got in by popping in the key lock on the door and they damaged the ignition switch. just a couple months ago they stole my drivers side mirror, just the mirror. and now this! so this weekend i wnet ahead and got a new alarm from clifford with the 2 way pager. (50.5x) with remote start. it seems like you cant have anything nice anymore without someone trying to take it away. i've been told by several sources that if if you live around south gate or huntington park, watts area, florence area in CA. and your driving either an SS or a rst regency silverado you are heavilly targeted by a certain car club who is responsible for all of these thefts. so be careful with your truck near these areas.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucks that your truck was damaged, but it's easier to replace parts than a whole truck...I severely despise people that are too lazy to actually work for what they want...............Glad your neighbor caught the little bast***s in time... :cheers: ..........

Edited by GetWithIt (see edit history)

That sucks about your truck dude.I actually lived in those areas and sss weren't really noticed. But I guess things changed, that's why I don't see any sss out there. I actually moved from out there because some dumbasses shot at my dads older silverado. So iam glad I moved in time!

That sucks Bro.

I remember when I was living in Cali almost 20 years ago now. I was working in Santa Fe Springs and would go out to my pretty tricked out 4x4 and eat my lunch and listen to tunes. Well one day shortly after coming back from vacation (So the toolbox across the bed was still pretty full) I walked out for lunch and there was no truck. I was like WTF!!!!!

The place I worked at had camera's so I called the police and we went up to view the tape. So I got to watch it get ripped off. Just like the ol' movie.. Gone in 60 Seconds.

Guess where they find in 3 days later? YUP South Gate. Stripped parked on the side of the road.

Norwalk police called me a week later saying we found your truck. Well I'd been calling daily about it and already had it towed to a bodyshop new our home. I asked about prosecution beings the car the theifs drove in and out of the parking lot was in the video? They said there was a glare that made it hard to read their plate and we have other important issues to deal with in the dept. that would enhance the video. GRRRRRr PRICKS. They don't care.

I understand back then the technoligy wasn't as good and it wasn't a vicious crime although I felt rapped. They could care less about a car theft.

The way I look at it. If your ride is targeted by the low life scum. It's 98.9% chance your going to lose it. Alarm or not. You can read threads about people getting ripped that had alarms. If they want it bad enough. They will get it.

There was a huge Stereo car show in K.C. MO a couple years ago. People that traveled across the country and had their rides in trailers got them ripped off. See what I mean.

I better stop now because I'm starting to get more pissed as I type this..

I HATE THIEFS!

I used to live in Norwalk. Never got ripped off but, since I grew up there all the bangers knew me and left me alone.

Where I live now, I leave the house unlocked all the time. No issues in 10 years.

I say, walk softly but carry a big stick!