Stock exhaust for sale

yorgog

Gosh, I wish I knew how this system would sound on my 5.3 Z71! Will it resonate at 2K because it is tuned for a stronger motor than for a 5.3? Would it put a bit more of a "good sound" to this 5.3's sound? Questions that probably not that many people know. Wish I knew someone who has done this modifiation.

Probably $100 for shipping (oversized penalty), $100 for modifications to adapt it for fitting and install. And this would be one of those "permanent" installs, not a cat-back kit install which can be removed. It is worth probably more than $150.00. That would be $350 total investment.

Dunno. Sure would love to try it, but wish I knew if it really would work well with this Z71.

By the way you have a real nice looking truck

Thanks! I love what GM is doing with its full-body trucks. After all the incentives and rebates and a dealer discount, I was able to get this one for just under 24k. Been hunting for the elusive exhaust, though.

Tried the Corsa. Nope. Took it off. Too red-neck sounding.

Tried the B&B TriFlo. Nope. Took it off. Too boomy and loud. I need to try to sell it. Sure is purty and shiny, though.

Went back to the OEM.

My local muffler shop really wouldn't know how the SS system would sound on the 5.3. I crawled under an SS after church today at the local dealership and there is no way an SS system could be temporarily bolted on, as a cat-back kit can be done to evaluate the sound. The SS is a true dual into the muffler. Has a weird flange for one pipe, a clamped-union for the other.

The Z71 combines into a Y before the muffler. Simple bolt-on.

Anyway, if we can find someone who has done this and gives a good report, I could be interested.

Might not be a big deal to do it. Get a good pipebender to modify the Y-pipe into a dual and weld the SS system to it.

I'm having resonators installed on my B&B tomorrow. There's plenty room for them and it should take the edge off the sound.

WW :cool:

Archived