4x4 Vmax's Check This Out

ballenger424

just wanted to tell you guys about my day. I heard a noise coming from the front end a loud thud at first then a chik chik noise checked the cv's ,wheel lug covers, lug nuts and did not find a thing. I stared to go to the dealer and then smoke starts rolling out the back oil pressure light comes on I shut it right off and coast to the side fo the road. One of the bolts that holds the front u joint on the front drive shaft came out the strap got lose, spun aroud and cut the oil filter. i hope it did not hurt the motor it still had some oil in it when i pulled over. I just wanted to save some one else the headache. And the front shaft has never been out dut i have ran it in 4x4 at the drag strip.

ok got my truck back today seems to be fine but the dealership just ran it through a car wash 3 or 4 time so its still real oily underneath but you still have to wonder if any damage was done runing with uot oil pressure for a few seconeds.

well making no excuse for gm's robot not tightning the strap bolts. but the front shaft does not turn in 2wd. well, if you had it in autotrac then it would. i would check it and it outta be free when in 2wd. if it isnt, it is causing premature wear and loss of pwr/ milage. on the grounds of more moving parts. btw, glad you had no permanent damage

got it back to the dealer and they replaced the tranfer case control modual it had something to do with the front end locking in and spinning the front shaft. i got under thr truck and it spins freely now but i marked it drove it to work in 2wd and it had moved i dont know what to think.