Xenon Depot

SS Silv

you gotta run the wire to the (+) terminal, or the junction box next to your alternator. That power runs the lights and when you plug your existing (oem) headlight harness into that, it sends a signal to the relay and turns on the ballast's, which makes the fancy lights work. :)

edit: woah. didnt see that steve posted already. I know nothing, but pretend i know it all... you know how it is?

Edited by montanass (see edit history)

you gotta run the wire to the (+) terminal, or the junction box next to your alternator. That power runs the lights and when you plug your existing (oem) headlight harness into that, it sends a signal to the relay and turns on the ballast's, which makes the fancy lights work. :)

edit: woah. didnt see that steve posted already. I know nothing, but pretend i know it all... you know how it is?

lol. I didn't use the extra thingy, just the oem harness plug and thats it.

Sorry, just saw this. I ordered my friend a kit from xenon depot also and installed it on his dodge. It died after a while also. After hours and hours trying to figure out what caused it, we gave up and i installed it without the relay.

For the most part, the relay is used so that the hids get the necessary power at startup because without it, some cars experience flickering. This is because although HIDs are 35w, it takes more to start them up. Some other cars need them because its ecu thinks that something is wrong with the headlights because it is programmed to give 55w instead of 35, so the battery/capacitor keeps the needed current consistent. In our case, our trucks don't really need them like mr. p said.

XenonDepot is expensive and you'd figure it would work with no problem haha. What HIDs do you have in your sig?

Edited by haul@ss (see edit history)

Those were some cheap HID's in my sig that failed. However, I got my HID problem figured out. The truck died because of a bad connection between the positive battery terminal. I just had to tighten it and my truck hasn't died yet.