Spark Plug Wires

i'm considering upgrading my spark plug wires and was wondering how much of a difference they would make.

should i keep the same size at 8.5mm, what brand, is it even worth it? (i only have a few bolt ons so i figure every little bit helps) thanks guys!

hmm the trust worth seat of the pants dyno says no real gain... But who says having less resistant spart plug wires is a bad thing??

most common brand used is MSD since its so popular i thinking about swapping out to taylor to just give them a try its almost time for a wire and plug change anyway.

No real HP or seat of the pants gain, but bigger wires provide a cleaner, hotter spark to the plugs with less resistance, which means more efficiency.........the stock wires have 1000 ohm per foot resistance while the MSDs only have 45 ohm per foot resistance. Definitely a worth while upgrade. :chevy:

I have a wheatley tune and I really like it. He has great customer service. As far as the wires, I pulled my stockers off and measured them with an Multimeter and there right at 1000 ohms each.... the new MSD's look alot cooler than the stockers :jester:

I duh know, I just switched mine out for the hell of it * and to go with my engine covers that are being painted chevy orange* and I noticed thsy smoothed things out alot. alot smoother at idle, dosnt have the ruffness *technical term* that it used to, and acceleration is alot smoother. Plus the 940-1000 ohms or resistance for the stock wires with just sad :puke:

Now I just need some shiney headers lol.