Front Diff Life Expectancy

My truck is currently at the dealer getting it's front differential replaced under an extended warranty. So far my 2003 SS has 39,000 miles on it. How long can I expect this differential to last before this happens again or is it a hit and miss situation. I'm curious because I feel very fortunate that my extended warranty is covering this and I am considering purchasing another one when this one runs out. What would you do and what has the consensus been on the life expectancy of these front diffs?

There was a post about someone anchoring the spacer for the pinion to the case, that seemed to be the failing element that allows bearings/seals to wear out to soon. I believe they drilled/tapped for a screw of some kind to hold it to the case (the factory has a small tab to hold it in place, but it breaks), but the poster didn't have pics of what his transmission tech had performed.

Without some type of modification, I wouldn't expect it to last any longer than any other stock one. :(

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)