What To Do When You Want To Work On Your Truck, But The Trans Parts Ha

Nice. Hey, is that the "older style" X harness or the newer one? What 5V reference are you going to tap into?

I believe this is a "one off" version that he made for me since I wanted to use the TBSS throttle body, but I know he was working on a production version. I was told that the 5V source from the AC compressor was the best one to use.

what is the difference in throttle bodies from the TBSS 90 to the Vette 90?

The plug is laid out slightly different, as well as a different internal voltage reference and requirement to work properly.

Best part about that intake adapter is that it's only 75 bucks shipped vs. 225+ for it to bend all the way down to a "stock-ish" location.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

thats cheaper than a x-link!

Why is it guys put their exhaust on backwards:) :jester:

I have the same looking thing in my gargae...passenger side has the drivers on backwards :thumbs:

what springs are you putting on your L92 heads? have you measured the valve spring installed height?

Just thinking out loud here (I am going to run new 918's) and from what I have measured they will be installed with less than 1.8 which I think might be good fro added pressure on that bigass spring. But will that cause me to need a longer push rod?

thats cheaper than a x-link!

Why is it guys put their exhaust on backwards:) :jester:

I have the same looking thing in my gargae...passenger side has the drivers on backwards :thumbs:

what springs are you putting on your L92 heads? have you measured the valve spring installed height?

Just thinking out loud here (I am going to run new 918's) and from what I have measured they will be installed with less than 1.8 which I think might be good fro added pressure on that bigass spring. But will that cause me to need a longer push rod?

Dual Gold springs if I remember right. I got them used off of Quik when he damaged one when he floated the valves. I got both heads though, with full sets of springs/retainers, then had to buy 1 bare head and one new intake and exhaust valve. I have not swapped over the parts to the new head, or disassembled the other good head to measure installed height. I would run what ever installed height the manufacturer recommends.

Installed height, though, has nothing to do with the length of the valve stem, so no, you will not need to run longer pushrods for that reason alone. If you change the overall height, by using longer valves, or running a smaller base circle camshaft, then yes, you would need to order longer ones.