• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my mind, there's only been one clone - and that's Stewart's truck (ImpoSStor) but he is very clear that it is a tribute vehicle, a faithful representation of the concept SS truck; I guess that's the big deal to me, it is clearly not being passed-off as a production SS but rather a buildup of the SS truck many of us wish we had been able to buy. What pisses me is when you got an assclown that tries to misrepresent what he has, rather than saying it's a Silverado/Av/Geo with SS badges they swear up & down that it's "a real SS" and nobody looks highly on a liar.

Mr. P.

Agreed 100%. Especially the part about ImpoSSter. Yea technically its not a clone, since the truck never existed, we know. BUT GM did build 1 and he cloned it. I saw the same exact truck, and said I had to have it knowing GM wasnt going to build it. I didnt go as far as Stewart did, even though it was my original plan. I had other priorities to worry about..... I had the badges on mine, but never once did I pass it off as a production SS. If someone asked, and alot of people did, I simply told them the story. If a guy has the badges, and shows the truck off and makes it clear its not an SS then more power to him. Just like the Yenko clones. They know it isnt real, and 99% of them wont claim it as being real. Iv taken mine off, b/c i realized I liked the clean look better..but if ya like it, do it. They're good looking badges, match the wheels, etc..its a nice touch. For those that have an SSS that hate it, get over it, be happy you have and can afford a real 1. :P