Ice Wax...

Hey guys, I have been using the new turtle wax I.C.E. It goes on really easy and comes off easy too. The only problem is that it doesnt last long at all. Hsa anyone else used this stuff? I am just wondering if I should just double up the coats, or just pitch it, and get some new stuff.

To be honest with your, MOST products that are found in local stores have no durability. Mequiars, ICE, Mothers, Turtle Wax etc... might look nice but they won't last very long. Save yourself some time and money and look into Zaino, Sonus, Nattys, Pinnacle or check out my post on Rejex wax.

To be honest with your, MOST products that are found in local stores have no durability. Mequiars, ICE, Mothers, Turtle Wax etc... might look nice but they won't last very long. Save yourself some time and money and look into Zaino, Sonus, Nattys, Pinnacle or check out my post on Rejex wax.

why would wax need to last that long anyways? most cars/trucks/suv get washed and waxed every weekend, or at least mine does and many other people i know

I've used the ICE on my dad's 55 nomad. I absolutely hate it. The liquid clay bar didnt work and the "wax" put more of an oily shine on it. IMO Meguire's is one of the finest waxes out there that can be purchased at most auto parts stores. I will use Meguires on my DD any day, but my el Camino gets the royal treatment with Zaino. (amazing stuff and smells lovely.)

why would wax need to last that long anyways? most cars/trucks/suv get washed and waxed every weekend, or at least mine does and many other people i know

I don't know too many people who would want to wax their vehicle every weekend, I know I wouldn't. IMO, it's a waste of time and money. Some of those products I listed will protect your vehicles finish for up to 3 months.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

I don't know too many people who would want to wax their vehicle every weekend, I know I wouldn't. IMO, it's a waste of time and money. Some of those products I listed will protect your vehicles finish for up to 3 months.

for each his own. . . :cheers:

Try zaino,they recommend only using it once a year since it is a polymer wax(it is suppossed to last that long).But I do it twice a year. and use the z-5 after every wash(it is a revitalizer).IMO it is the only way to go,once you try it you won't want anything else.oh and by the way,it does smell awesome!!!