Belt Slippage From Alt?

I'm still having some boost issues. I am running a 2.8" pulley and am registering today what looks to be almost 8#'s. I have tightened up the belt as much as i can BUT i noticed when we pulled off everything this weekend the alternator had belt dust all over the underside of the pulley bad. We cleaned it up and after beating on it today its collecting again.

What can I do to stop belt slippage on the alternator? I already have a Gaotrback belt and aftermarket idlers.

Thanks.

I am going to try something. I was talking to an old hot rod guy and he told me about Belt Dressing he said they used it all the time to cure belt slippage. He said that stuff is sticky as hell and will make the belt alot more tacky but try and avoid getting it on your hands because it is so sticky.

you could have reichard racing make you one,

or if you get a cut off wheel , get it so the wheel is worn down a bit and cut even grooves in it.

grooves perpendicular to the belt grooves.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

Personally, I wouldn't care too much about the Alt. pulley. I would focus my efforts on the crank pulley and the blower pulley, if there is sufficient tension to keep them from slipping, the rest of the pulleys are just gravy. The only loss I see from the Alt. pulley slipping is some belt dust.

Was your belt warm or cold when you did the "dust test"? Did the Alt. have a signifigant load on it at the time of testing (playing a high powered stereo)?

kevin we noticed the dust on the altenator when we removed it. It was under the pulley on the right side as the belt comes off. We cleaned it off and i checked it again yesterday and the dust is building again in that spot but no where else. I sprayed that Belt Dressing on there and it is sticky enough it made my blower whine extrememly noticable for a change..yeah me..lol

I'm looking into purchasing the old Raddix bracket system like you had. I am thinking its a better set up. The more you tighten the new system the further away the adjustable idler gets from the snorkel so i dont think you can ever have the belt super tight like it needs to be IMO. I run the 111.5" for the 3.0 pulley for my 2.8. I couldnt get the 2.8 belt size on my truck with the new idlers.