Front Diff Options For Awd Guys

does anyone know if there are frond diffs i can get that are limited slip and will lock , i dotn want a gov lock i want something that will lock hard when im trying to launch this thing without spinning one side.

keeping 4.10's

anyone have any pros can cons?

i know i may hear a bit more noise and loose turning radius ( it already sucks) but i need to go fast.

i have the same problem....me a friend were talking and the thought of some how using a rachet strap to "lock" the front end from springing up so it keeps the weight from transfering to the back may help to keep the front tires from spinning....we were watching the videos of my launches and it was just a thought.....

i would also like to put a locker in the front...i had someone looking for a truetrac but they never got back to me

Ok, don't laugh at me here, but you could do what the true import race cars do (not the rice on the street) and install some wheelie bars on the back that damn near touch the ground. The front wheel drive race cars do this because as you launch, the weight shifts back taking the weight off of the drive tires. The bars slam to the ground thus forcing that moved weight back to the front. I have stood on the starting line when these cars launch and it works rather well. I realize this isn't very practical for you because you still drive your hoopdy on the street but it's just an idea.

On an AWD truck, you should really look into limiting the rear "squat" prior to putting limiter straps on the front or locking diffs. They make "helper bags", that you fill with air, that are basically made for road leveling with heavy loads. Experimenting with different air pressures will keep rear squat, and hence front rise, to a minimum. We used to do this with my friend's 4x4 '86 Silverado with air shocks, but the ride suffered sooooooo much with the old school air shocks... EDIT Make sure you run separate air lines from left/right side rear bags.

If the front is still coming up to much, ratchet straps are an easy track side mod and easily adjustable/removeable for the road.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

ok well took the frotn wheel off today and looked at wehat im going to do . and it looks promising and i just bought the parts , they were 130 bucks and will be easily removable, adjustable and look nice too

i also have a little plan but im not sure if i can find one, but lets just say it involves a new front diff that will get me traction for sure.

i emailed a guy on pt.net for spring clamps but unfortunatly he doesent make them anymore. so ill have to fab up my own.

stay tuned.

do they make a air locker for the front diff :dunno: i know a couple years back there was talk of them for most type of vehicles. may be something to look into..

:seeya:

found this..

http://www.arbusa.com/air_locker.php.

Edited by desrtrat (see edit history)

do they make a air locker for the front diff :dunno: i know a couple years back there was talk of them for most type of vehicles. may be something to look into..

:seeya:

found this..

http://www.arbusa.com/air_locker.php.

ive seen those but i really dont want that whole hassle of needing a complete air system to make it lock. now ive read of an electronic locker.

On an AWD truck, you should really look into limiting the rear "squat" prior to putting limiter straps on the front or locking diffs. They make "helper bags", that you fill with air, that are basically made for road leveling with heavy loads. Experimenting with different air pressures will keep rear squat, and hence front rise, to a minimum. We used to do this with my friend's 4x4 '86 Silverado with air shocks, but the ride suffered sooooooo much with the old school air shocks... EDIT Make sure you run separate air lines from left/right side rear bags.

If the front is still coming up to much, ratchet straps are an easy track side mod and easily adjustable/removeable for the road.

I've heard this somewhere before?