Front Diff Options For Awd Guys

Does anyone think it is possible to pull the diff apart and put a spool in it? That would be beneficial to me since I only race my truck. Just a thought. There as got to be someone that can make a spool or a posi for the front diff.

Does anyone think it is possible to pull the diff apart and put a spool in it? That would be beneficial to me since I only race my truck. Just a thought. There as got to be someone that can make a spool or a posi for the front diff.

I've seen an internet vid of a guy that runs an Eaton LSD in the front axle, but I cannot find the link now on google...

Chase - your problem is worse than normal because of the McGaughy's front leaf spring perches, you have added more squat in the rear because of that. I have the same issue, anytime the front leaf spring eye is raised you change the instant center of the truck and it wants to lift the front much more at launch. Guys using the re-arched or Belltech springs will have the opposite problem, this changes instant center so as to remove squat.

Very interested to see what you have come up with.

Mr. P.

mr p im using the higher spot on the mickey g hanger, the hole closest to the ground,

im just going to get some 1/4 inch thcik 1 1/2 inch wide steel flat bar and make spring clamps around.

chase, you need to contact mcrat, from mcrat racing. He tunnes diesels and his DMAX, the one that blew the transfer case, doesn't get any torque steer in his truck when he launches in 4wd. He did some changes to the front, but I can't remember what. I will be contacting himlater on, but maybe you can get a jump ahead.

mcrat racing

yeah ive contacte dhim but didnt get to really go over things, i know it involves tie rod sleeves

how ever what i didnt mention was i knew that eaton made a e locker for our front diff. but was prototype.

so hoping i could maybe get one, i claled today with no luck and they informed me about no existing solutions to our pos front diff. so looks like ill be working with what ive got , unless i go with a 3/4 ton unit which will require major modification , so the 80e will come first.

but i am writing a how to now on something i fabbed up for the front, came out nice.