How Much Tire Pressure Everyone Running?

CaboRob

I'm still on the stock tires and rims and running 35 psi. Whatever the drivers door panel says. However the I have asked several mechanics this question and half say run the psi at whatever the tire says and the other half say whatever the door says. I personally stick with whatever the tire says. Especailly if your running something other than stock tires.

I have the 22"x10" option with Hankooks running 40psi. Manufacturers put the tire pressure label to keep the pressure between a comfortable ride, and what reduce tire wear. The more you increase the pressure, usually about 5psi above what they say is best to reduce tire wear, but is a stiffer ride. Which is what I keep it at.

tire pressure is very critical to tire care, 90% of people put whatever the tire says on the sidewall, which is WRONG, that is the max psi the tire can operate at and is not what ot should be operated at. too much tire pressure and you will wear the center of your tires, too low tire pressure and you will wear the outsides of the tire.

tire pressure is very critical to tire care, 90% of people put whatever the tire says on the sidewall, which is WRONG, that is the max psi the tire can operate at and is not what ot should be operated at. too much tire pressure and you will wear the center of your tires, too low tire pressure and you will wear the outsides of the tire.

I have heard that too.

Zanis... thanks for that... yea... regardless of what you believe, the tire manufacturers must list on each tire per DOT standards what the max psi is... but that is CERTAINLY NOT the blow out rate... they will list the "comfortable PSI" which WILL wear out quicker... period!

if a tire says 40 psi max... but in actuality multiply that by 10.

by law you should be able to run 400 psi (x10 max rated amount) WITHOUT the tire blowing up....

for performance AND to extend the life of your tire, run 4-6 psi OVER the max limit... like SS Chevrolet Set said... it will extend tire life.

I run an extra 5psi around town... for track scenarios, obviously lower.

http://www.bobbyoresports.com/ we use him in part for our PSD driver training at my academy, he works with major tire companies and he tells all of his students this information!