How To - Strap Your Front End

04CHASE

Nice write up Chase, now feel free to come over anytime and do my truck. :D

i honestly would if you pay for my flight :D .

i finished up the passenger side yesterday and it was much tougher. just glad i had already done one side so i knew exactly what to do so it took about the same amount of time. there is no hole on the shock cup so you have to drill a brand new one, which is a bitch becasue you cant start at a perfectly square angle so i had to use the 90 degree drill with a tiny bit to start the hole . after unloading the suspension it made it alot easier.

and i ddint almost break my hand from the drill catching and smashing my fingers between the drill and big ass caliper.

i also added some sqare 20' degree washers since the clevis pin angles down at the shock mount bolt the top nut wont sit level on the top of the top shock mount , so these would make it so it would sit even on the washer , it works like a shim so it wont put stress on on side of the nut and be more likely to break. you can see in the pic the special washer i used. (top of shock hoop below two nuts)

DSC01504-1.jpg

so like i said i will put some kits together for those who are interested but i think testing is in order to see if they are worth it.

i will also be installing cal tracs and some 18 ' centerline with nitto drag radials . i will test the straps first by them selves to see how they help then will try with tires then caltracs.

i also orded some tir rod sleeves . which are what the diesel guys use and is all i should need. there is also some other stuff like a new centerlink but its like 300 bucks so im waiting on that.

to start a little debate this could be considered " ingenuitive " which in its definition is cleverness ,creativity, and original , and after some digging im the first person ive found to use limit straps , not stops for the purpose of creating traction on a awd/4wd vehicle meant for drag racing.

this isnt directed at anyone just my interpretation .

• 2 weeks later...

right now its hard to say , i should be getting my wheels sometime this week but wont have time to install the cal tracs until next weekend, and the only open track day here is on the 26th , this is the thing that sucks with our one and only track. but i may go out and see what happens but its open test n tune which means ill get about 3 runs.

right now its hard to say , i should be getting my wheels sometime this week but wont have time to install the cal tracs until next weekend, and the only open track day here is on the 26th , this is the thing that sucks with our one and only track. but i may go out and see what happens but its open test n tune which means ill get about 3 runs.

Holy crap, only 3 runs?!?!!? Do they have like 10,000 people show up or what?

I am doing the tie rod braces and pitman/idler arm support kit as well. My friend Bentley a Dmax owner is hooking me up. He has a good relationship with PPE.The pitman/idler stop them will stop them from rolling. If you have your tuck front up in the air grab the center link with both hands and roll it back and forth. I will be looking at your straps as well. We will be doing air shocks in the rear and stiffen the on side as well.

Tier Rod Brace

ierodbrace004.jpg

ierodbrace003.jpg

Edited by dozer (see edit history)

i honestly would if you pay for my flight :D .

i finished up the passenger side yesterday and it was much tougher. just glad i had already done one side so i knew exactly what to do so it took about the same amount of time. there is no hole on the shock cup so you have to drill a brand new one, which is a bitch becasue you cant start at a perfectly square angle so i had to use the 90 degree drill with a tiny bit to start the hole . after unloading the suspension it made it alot easier.

and i ddint almost break my hand from the drill catching and smashing my fingers between the drill and big ass caliper.

i also added some sqare 20' degree washers since the clevis pin angles down at the shock mount bolt the top nut wont sit level on the top of the top shock mount , so these would make it so it would sit even on the washer , it works like a shim so it wont put stress on on side of the nut and be more likely to break. you can see in the pic the special washer i used. (top of shock hoop below two nuts)

DSC01504-1.jpg

so like i said i will put some kits together for those who are interested but i think testing is in order to see if they are worth it.

i will also be installing cal tracs and some 18 ' centerline with nitto drag radials . i will test the straps first by them selves to see how they help then will try with tires then caltracs.

i also orded some tir rod sleeves . which are what the diesel guys use and is all i should need. there is also some other stuff like a new centerlink but its like 300 bucks so im waiting on that.

to start a little debate this could be considered " ingenuitive " which in its definition is cleverness ,creativity, and original , and after some digging im the first person ive found to use limit straps , not stops for the purpose of creating traction on a awd/4wd vehicle meant for drag racing.

this isnt directed at anyone just my interpretation .

Looks nice man but I believe Parish had straps on his truck.

Looks nice man but I believe Parish had straps on his truck.

no actually he made some upside down bump stops , not straps that why i though straps would be better so i can remove and adjust.

well chances are looking slim for me going to the test n tune,

i have alot to change on the truck and this is the next weekend , im going to a chris rock comedy show the night before in hollywood which means i wont be home early and i need to be there at 6 am

i need to install all these parts,

im still waiting on my 18 centerlines and may be changing the rubber . also i need to change my brakes back to the alumsports to run the 18's so i may not even go again until summer is over because this track is just crappy in summer , head winds high temps and of corse high d/a

i may give them all a try on the street with the 22's but for now im just going to try and get them installed ( all except the 18's ) run the big brakes for summer then hit the track winter, im just pissed i only got to run my truck once since the new motor and didnt even get my goal now a better time this year. but hey i may have a new project soon.