Cai

Zath

Well, I would say "Finally the weather here has improved, and it's been 50's for awhile" but I can't because as of right now its ****ing snowing again and I'm pissed because then that means salt on the roads and which then means I can't/won't drive my truck for hmm.. another 2 weeks or until the salts finally off of the roads again.. anyways.. I need to start getting performance mods for the truck as my exterior is practically done (need to remove some things that I bought it with), So I wanted to know what way I should go with CAI and other things as money isn't a problem but it doesn't mean I like spending it on wasteful shit that I could get cheaper(greedy but not.. whatever)

1. volant CAI with the ram air scoop (brake duct scoop)

It'll run me... around 580$ I think thats with shipping if it isn't then its like 600$ for the two things..

2. K&N CAI, which I haven't looked at them but I think like FIPK or something is the better of them? Which is probably only like 350$ and it's open in the engine compartment as the volant is closed.

Suggestions? Extra 250$ worth it for the volant?

IMO get the AEM Brute Force Dryflow intake, its great, 4" aluminum tube, 9"x6" dry filter, no oil no mess. . .

100_0520.jpg

:withstupid:

I have the same unit, but mine is polished. Got it for about $260 through a vendor here on the site. I love mine. I have had the K&N and this one seems to be much better. Plus no oil!

IMO get the AEM Brute Force Dryflow intake, its great, 4" aluminum tube, 9"x6" dry filter, no oil no mess. . .

100_0520.jpg

i have the K&N aswell and i lik it but it's been proven that the ^^^AEM^^^ keeps the air a little coooler then the K&N. when tuning my truck my air temp were about 6-8 degress higher then Art's so maybe u might take that in to consideration.

-Rob

i have the K&N aswell and i lik it but it's been proven that the ^^^AEM^^^ keeps the air a little coooler then the K&N. when tuning my truck my air temp were about 6-8 degress higher then Art's so maybe u might take that in to consideration.

-Rob

That is the reason I feel the necessity to have an enclosed filter box vs. the open element with a shield. I will be using the Volant box with custom piping on my current build. I do feel that the fender needs to be cut to the dimentions of the Volant box though to allow sufficient airflow if you block off the bottom port (on the air box). The stock 2 holes in the fender don't cut it IMO.

-Rob

Heat soak, ANY open element CAI is gonna have that......I will say that as soon as my truck starts to move, my intake temps drop rapidly.

As I have said before, all these CAI's do basically the same thing....which one you choose is really just a matter of personal preference. Pretty much anything is better then the stock intake.....