Viscous coupling eliminatior

I was inquiring about an AWD dyno in Salt Lake City. Their's wouldn't fit our wheelbase but the guy told me about a Viscous coupling eliminator. It seems it's only available for the talan/eclipse. I wondered if anyone has heard of one for our trucks. It doesn't really say how it works but seemed interesting and relatively cheap.

I was just looking at it as a solution to run the truck on a regular dyno. It says 30 minutes to install assuming our trucks set up is similar to the eclipse's. Then when done take it back out. I'm not a wizard in auto mechanics so if someone is more familiar on what this piece of equipment actually accomplishes please enlighten me. Would this keep the damage that GM warns about from occuring?

I was just looking at it as a solution to run the truck on a regular dyno.  It says 30 minutes to install assuming our trucks set up is similar to the eclipse's.  Then when done take it back out.  I'm not a wizard in auto mechanics so if someone is more familiar on what this piece of equipment actually accomplishes please enlighten me.  Would this keep the damage that GM warns about from occuring?

I hear ya...

Like Tex said, it's a pretty involved job on the trucks, unfortunately. You can check out an exploded view of the t-case in Tex's post today.

Yeah, this would stop that damage from occouring. It pretty much takes the place of the couping itself. Similar to how a spool in a differential locks the two axles together. (really only used in drag racing or dirt track or something)

I was just looking at it as a solution to run the truck on a regular dyno. It says 30 minutes to install assuming our trucks set up is similar to the eclipse's. Then when done take it back out. I'm not a wizard in auto mechanics so if someone is more familiar on what this piece of equipment actually accomplishes please enlighten me. Would this keep the damage that GM warns about from occuring?

how would this help for a regular dyno??? isn't it the same as full time 4WD with this??

I'm just going off what the advertisment said. It sounds to be a lot more work than it's worth. I'm not sure if you read the description of the product, but it says it enables you to remove a driveshaft without damaging the AWD system. Again, this was just for the talon/eclipse. I was just wondering if this would be an option since finding a dyno capable of accommodating our wheelbase length is such a pain. I couldn't find anything for our trucks, but was wondering if anyone else had. Here is that link again. Viscous coupling eliminatior

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I've heard of them, it breaks a lot of parts, and drags tires around the corners! On a street driven vehicle you for sure want a little slip in there somewhere! Unless of course you never plan of turning :jester:

Archived