High Mileage

SS Silv

I am probably jinxing my self :banghead: but my truck has 103,000 miles and I am curious on what I should expect on repairing? Honestly, the truck has been good to me, the only things that were replaced so far are the cats and MAF. I am sure I will hear the transmission, but so far it is working fine.

I am probably jinxing my self :banghead: but my truck has 103,000 miles and I am curious on what I should expect on repairing? Honestly, the truck has been good to me, the only things that were replaced so far are the cats and MAF. I am sure I will hear the transmission, but so far it is working fine.

Me I just hit 100k....2004 AWD

PCMforless pcm installed at about 45k

AC rapidfire plugs changed at 60k

My truck stills runs like day 1....can't wait to go to the track to see if it slowed down any since it was new..still feels powerful

All synthetic fluids at 5k...changed when oil life was about 10% from then on...mobil products only...all are good, just was looking for consistantcy...transfer case and both differentials fluid changed about every 30k...the transfer case stuff looked new at 50k..the front diff had a little metal on the magnet that I just wiped off...the rear dope looked dark, but nothing visible

flushed antifreeze at 95k...added water wetter from day one

flushed trans at dealer about 8k ago...shifts great...once in a blue moon, at light throttle, 1st whines out to about 3,000 rpm before shifting into 2nd then 3rd quickly...about once per month...

2 front wheel bearings replaced...under warranty...one at 35k and the other at 91k...both failed catrastropicly...sounded ok one day...grenaded the next...I actually thought the front diff was going to blow, but bearings where the problem...warranty ($500 if no warranty at dealer)

both rear o2 sensors crapped at 48k...warranty

I drive mostly like an old man though...on the freeway I cruise at about 75 0r 80...I might floor it 4 times a week while entering a freeway...not crazy like you young guys...LOL

I plan on changing the battery this summer just because the originals last about 5 years...brake pads where upgraded to Hawk pads at 88k...

I use ony 93 or better octane from a 'top tier' gas station

I really don't know how long she will last, I may get a new long block through GMPP to replace it around 150k...I get a discount since I work for GM...I have not seen too many of us get past 150k...most guys just change vehicles...I honestly think Im can go 170k EASY..I would drive this truck anywhere right now...

Sorry for the long post...just felt you needed this info to gauge how I take care of my vehicle

Edited by cadillacbob (see edit history)

PCMforless pcm added at about 45k

My truck stills runs like day 1....can't wait to go to the track to see if I slowed down any..still feels powerful

All synthetic fluids after 5k...changed when oil life was about 10%...mobil products only...all are good, just was looking for consistancy...transfer case and both differentials fluid changed twice...the transfeer case stuff looked new at 5ok..the front diff had a little metal on it...the rear looked dark, but nothing visible

flushed antifreeze at the same time...added water wetter

flushed trans at dealer about 8k ago...shifts great...once in a blue moon 1st whines out to about 3,00 rpm before shifting into 2nd...about once per month...

2 front wheel bearings replaced...under warranty

both rear o2 sensors crapped at 45k...warranty

I drive mostly like an old man though...on the freeway I cruise at about 75 0r 80...I might floor it 4 times a week while entering a freeway...

I plan on changing the battery this summer just because the originals last about 5 years...brake pads where upgraded to Hawk pads at 88k

I really don't know how long she will last, I may get a new long block through GMPP to replace it around 150k...I get a discount since I work for GM...I have not seen too many of us get past 150k...most guys just change vehicles

Sorry for the long post...just felt you needed this info to gauge how I take care of my vehicle

Sometimes a long post can be good! This is good information. Thanks.

PCMforless pcm installed at about 45k

My truck stills runs like day 1....can't wait to go to the track to see if I slowed down any..still feels powerful

All synthetic fluids after 5k...changed when oil life was about 10%...mobil products only...all are good, just was looking for consistancy...transfer case and both differentials fluid changed twice about every 30k all changed at 5k...the transfer case stuff looked new at 50k..the front diff had a little metal on the magnet that I just wiped off...the rear dope looked dark, but nothing visible

flushed antifreeze at the same time 95k...added water wetter from day one

flushed trans at dealer about 8k ago...shifts great...once in a blue moon, at light throttle, 1st whines out to about 3,000 rpm before shifting into 2nd then 3rd quickly...about once per month...

2 front wheel bearings replaced...under warranty...one at 35k and the other at 91k...both failed catrostropicly...sounded ok one day...grenaded the next...I actually thought the front diff was going to blow, but bearings where the problem...warranty ($500 if no warranty at dealer)

both rear o2 sensors crapped at 48k...warranty

I drive mostly like an old man though...on the freeway I cruise at about 75 0r 80...I might floor it 4 times a week while entering a freeway...not crazy like you young guys...LOL

I plan on changing the battery this summer just because the originals last about 5 years...brake pads where upgraded to Hawk pads at 88k...

I really don't know how long she will last, I may get a new long block through GMPP to replace it around 150k...I get a discount since I work for GM...I have not seen too many of us get past 150k...most guys just change vehicles

One of our drivers here at work has a 2001 Silverado 5.3 with just over 200K on it. Still looks and runs great.

kid with a 99 ecsb just signed up with 200k + miles... a vid of him running at the track aswell.

chevys will out last you.. just take care of them.

EDIT: look at my post under "off topic"

chevy hits 1,000,000 miles.

Edited by D.J (see edit history)

This thread jinx'ed me... :jester:

Just yesterday, my power steering started giving me the shits...I've found a handful of threads with similar characteristics....but as of now, I'm kinda confused wether to replace the pump or the gearbox...My PS goes out mainly in low RPM's and when steering to the right, not so much the left...

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...=power+steering

But my '03 SSS has right at 124k....I've owned it since 64k...

so far I...(list is subject to edditting, as I start to remember it all)

-replaced the clunky steering shaft

-replaced MAF and MAP(still doesn't seem right w/A/C)

-replaced ungodly amounts of light bulbs(since went to LEDs)

-replaced 3rd brake light due to leaking(truck lost it's clean smell in trade for a musky mildew smell)

-replaced driver's side front hub

-replaced transfer case(original one found a leak and ran dry on interstate=alot of clunking)

-replaced intrument cluster(dead speedo servo)

-replaced alternator x 3

-repaired/clean the interior climate fan to rid of the noice (above driver's head)

-replaced the ABS control module

Thank god for this forum...It's been very helpful....although it's sad on GM's part that no matter, someone, if not every member, has had or will have the same problem.