Need Some Opinions

update

So i cleaned the whole underside of my truck and found no damaged lines and the leaking has stopped, the truck was driving fine and shifting normally for the last week until today. I ordered a retune from Lyndon that was better suited for towing and TCC lock up and put the computer in this morning, while driving down the highway i got the famous P0894 code. There was also the occasional hard shift, thought maybe it was just the computer relearning the transmission shift habits?

Any ideas, i'm thinking the new tune and the trans are not agreeing with each other or the TCC is toast, what is your guys thoughts?

Matt

The converter being toast would not make hard shifts. Occasional 1-2 hard shifts are usually caused by pressure problems from what I've read, which can be corrected with a few modifications to the valve body (the entry level Trans Go shift kit, the HD2 one too, but it shifts harder). It also gets rid of the code. The kit can be installed without removing the transmission and should have been the FIRST thing any mechanic worth his salt would have done to one of these transmissions at the VERY least because it's such a well known problem for every 4l60/65 transmission out there. :banghead: Here's the kit on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4L60E-4L65E...p3286.m20.l1116 or search for P0894 code correction kit and there will be others that pop up.

My feeling is that the trans was just not built properly, instead it sounds like you got yourself a totally stock rebuild. :nonod:

The converter being toast would not make hard shifts. Occasional 1-2 hard shifts are usually caused by pressure problems from what I've read, which can be corrected with a few modifications to the valve body (the entry level Trans Go shift kit, the HD2 one too, but it shifts harder). It also gets rid of the code. The kit can be installed without removing the transmission and should have been the FIRST thing any mechanic worth his salt would have done to one of these transmissions at the VERY least because it's such a well known problem for every 4l60/65 transmission out there. :banghead: Here's the kit on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4L60E-4L65E...p3286.m20.l1116 or search for P0894 code correction kit and there will be others that pop up.

My feeling is that the trans was just not built properly, instead it sounds like you got yourself a totally stock rebuild. :nonod:

I'm anything but a Transmission guy, it works like magic to me but i do know that it is anything but a stock rebuild, It does have the HD2 shift kit, TCS converter, upgraded bands, servos and many other hard parts, i have a huge list of stuff that was done when i got it back from the builder. I was just wondering if you guys have had any experience with PCM tuning and the code P0894 that i was getting... The reason being, everything was fine until i sent the computer away to get retuned for towing a 6000lbs trailer and modified for a 2.9 pulley on my radix.

Matt