Another 65e Disaster Or Something Else?

I just wasted my second BUILT trans in 3 weeks, 4th in a year. I have put over 10k in this piece of shit in the last few months and have had NOTHING BUT TROUBLE by doing so. Long gone are the days of reliability. I know I could go with an 80 and all that crap, but don't want to....would rather fix the trans one more time, take everyhting off and sell it if I cant get a 65 to work.

I messed around with it today and reverse, 1st and 2nd gears work and Drive will hold for a minute, then pop out????? any ideas? Doesnt sound like total catastrophe as I initieally thought. Something broke as I could hear it snap, grind and evertything else. It sounded and felt liek the driveshaft broke and started dragging, but didn't??? I wonder if maybe the transfer case gave way...???

welcome to the club, i have blow three transmissions... these 65's are plain crap... Go with the 80e... im in the middle of a swap now.

what blew this time? How is your tune? A tune can kill a trans faster than anything, that and an accumulator stacked with washers...

what is your stall at? current power?

welcome to the club, i have blow three transmissions... these 65's are plain crap... Go with the 80e... im in the middle of a swap now.

what blew this time? How is your tune? A tune can kill a trans faster than anything, that and an accumulator stacked with washers...

what is your stall at? current power?

stock stall...500whp and 500wtq

happened on th 1-2 shift AGAIN...~6k rpm

funny thing is 1 and 2 still work 3 and 4 will not hold...there is no slipping it just act like it pop out of gear under load...??

sounds like it's time for you to give FLT a call.......

Funny thing is I have tried to go the cheap route several times with redneck shop around here....if I would have just went FLT to begin with...iim sure Id be in better shape

sound like you broke your sprag. . . . .i dont understand how you guys are braking all these 65E trans. . . . . . with the proper TUNING and shift kit/servos/bigger cooler these trans can last pretty long

Got all that and MUCH more....its called boost and 500 whp/wtq

Edited by BlackSSS SC'd (see edit history)

so far I've got a good one(knock on wood). Zippy's shift kit/servos, TBTC, bigger trans cooler and zippy tune are working fine even with the radix. Plus I really don'ttake it easy on the ss these days. City driving has me in the boost all the time. :cheers: