Drag Set Up

04CHASE

i currently have shackles and hangers, im on the lowest drop on the shackle and the higher spot on the mcgaugy hanger( the one closest to the ground )

with 6- degree shims , my truck rides great that not the problem.

im looking for best possible set up for drag racing, right now im going to try spring clamps which i will make out of 3/8 thick flat bar 1 1/2 wide and put two bolts on each end to put load on the springs and keep them from sliding. (4 clamps total)

but im wondering if the swap to beltech springs would help me. i have my stock hangers so i can bolt them back on and install the new springs,

any ideas/explanations?

Could you or do you pre load the rear? Is it possible to lift overall hieght on rear to force more wieght foward for the launch?? Just a thought,This weekend i replaced my a/m drop shocks with some o.e shorter ones for the 3/5 drop i have and noticed that i am @ 1" from my stops...... decieded to go out and launch it and i could feel it hit the stops and stay the front didn't lift like usual. I know i am a lot heavier but it does leave hard and comes up in the front.But since last track event I have firmed up the rear,lowered some more and finally replaced those nasty drop shocks(way to soft) All in prep for the forced 7.0

i have the beltech nitro active shocks already and they are a bit firmer than stocker. i dont changing those would help a ton. but they may i have heard qa1's are decent for drag set up.

just looking for options and expereince's

Chase,are you putting together any kits of the front end limiters? With my new tune I am burning off all four well past the 60' mark.I am going to do the air bags in the rear and I am thinking abuot the limiters in the front.Let me know.

Air bags would be my first choice. but some QA1's with separate adjustable bound and rebound would be useful for a street truck too. You could run them as stiff as you needed at the track to limit rear squat, then soften them up a bit for the drive home. Along with some Caltracs and spring clamps, that would be about as far as you could take the stock rear setup.

hm , so would caltracs and spring clamps work together or would they be doing the same thing?

im probably not going to change shocks but it is very easo maybe just for the strip or i could just make some solid bars to put in place of shocks.

im not really looking to put together a kit for straps at this time , i can do it on an order by order basis but all it would involve is me getting the parts for pretty much retail and collecting bolts and shipping, to even make it worth my time id be looking for 200 after going all the places needed for metric bolts and going to the offroad store for the straps and all. so it really would be alot cheaper to build one of stuff online. i would market them but the demand is so scarce.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

hm , so would caltracs and spring clamps work together or would they be doing the same thing?

im probably not going to change shocks but it is very easo maybe just for the strip or i could just make some solid bars to put in place of shocks.

im not really looking to put together a kit for straps at this time , i can do it on an order by order basis but all it would involve is me getting the parts for pretty much retail and collecting bolts and shipping, to even make it worth my time id be looking for 200 after going all the places needed for metric bolts and going to the offroad store for the straps and all. so it really would be alot cheaper to build one of stuff online. i would market them but the demand is so scarce.

Any way you can preload the rearwill help,Figure stiffer shocks,stronger leafs and air bags to set load even,orpreferable taller forces the front down and holds from springing up causing los of traction,but i think the front limitting straps will add traction deffinitly.

yeah its kinf of a new game for us awd guys. no one has really had problems with traction except the diesel guys.

but they are using similar things, im working on getting the tie rods and other front end parts to keep the tie rods from bowing making the frotn wheels fight each other causing torqe steer.

i just wish the dam track was open more to test my experiments.

its just not smart to drive on the street , nor is it apples to apples.

im going to hold off the lowering leafs for now . and probably make some clamps and hopefully aquire a set of caltracs,

does anyone know if the caltracs are modded to fit the drop hangers will they still work on stock hangers?

Cool,I will just use the grocery list of parts from your other post and put one together.