06 Ss 2wd,,,loud Squeaking In Front Drivers Side?

Les Hall

For about the last week I've noticed a loud squeaking from the front Suspension area,,& it's not the brakes,,tapping the brakes doesn't affect it,,,I hear it at low speeds over small bumps,,,like if I were to pull into a gravel lot it sounds like a buncha birds chirping,, it's comming from the drivers side,,,took off the wheel and had a buddy push down on the front and it sounds like it's comming from one of the many ruber bushings located all over the a-arms,,I can't tell which one ,,gonna borrow a grease gun at work tomorrow,,& see if it helps to hit all the grease fittings,,have any of you guys had this problem with your 2wd's? I'm just hoping this is a comon problem with a known fix,, cause otherwise I don't know weather to start changing bushings or what?but the noise is driving me nuts! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Edited by Les Hall (see edit history)

For about the last week I've noticed a loud squeaking from the front Suspension area,,& it's not the brakes,,tapping the brakes doesn't affect it,,,I hear it at low speeds over small bumps,,,like if I were to pull into a gravel lot it sounds like a buncha birds chirping,, it's comming from the drivers side,,,took off the wheel and had a buddy push down on the front and it sounds like it's comming from one of the many ruber bushings located all over the a-arms,,I can't tell which one ,,gonna borrow a grease gun at work tomorrow,,& see if it helps to hit all the grease fittings,,have any of you guys had this problem with your 2wd's? I'm just hoping this is a commen problem with a known fix,, cause otherwise I don't know weather to start changing bushings or what?but the noise is driving me nuts! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Try spraying lubricant on one bushing at a time while rocking the truck, when the sqeak stops that should be the one squeaking

Try spraying lubricant on one bushing at a time while rocking the truck, when the sqeak stops that should be the one squeaking

good Idea,,I'll give that a shot,,,is it common for bushings to need replaced on the SS frontends? mine has just over 30thousand on it.

Edited by Les Hall (see edit history)

As far as I know, this is not to common of a complaint on RWD SSSs. Mine has just about 28k on it and I don't have those noises. A few things to consider, a noisy shock, bad wheel bearing, or bad Ty Rod end(s).

:chevy:

As far as I know, this is not to common of a complaint on RWD SSSs. Mine has just about 28k on it and I don't have those noises. A few things to consider, a noisy shock, bad wheel bearing, or bad Ty Rod end(s).

:chevy:

I'm prolly gonna take it straight to the Stealership as soon as they can work me in,,,,hopefully they don't tell me it's nothing to worry about like they did with the Driveline clunk noise,,,Thanks for the tips ,,I'll let you all know what it is as soon as I know.

I just replaced my ty rod end and the noise went away. Would it only squeal when you where driving slow like at a drive thru?

yeah anytime I'm going slow,,but it has to have a few small ruff spots to get it to do it,,if the lot is super smooth like fresh asphalt,,it wont make a sound.

Sounds like a shock boot to me, hard plastic boot rubbing up against the shock body. I had the same problem with mine ('04), front drivers side squeak, replaced the shock under warranty and the noise was gone.

Edited by KissMySilvSS (see edit history)

Sounds like a shock boot to me, hard plastic boot rubbing up against the shock body. I had the same problem with mine ('04), front drivers side squeak, replaced the shock under warranty and the noise was gone.

Man I sure hope it's somthing that simple,,something I can do myself rather than pay out $65.00 per hour

Thanks for that info.

I had the same exact problem with my 04. Same cause and fix as Kiss.

Did you figure out what it was? I tought my squeaking was gone, but i went trew a drive-thru and BAM it was squeaking again.

I didn't get it checked out yet,, but after driving through some serious flood water tonight,,it doesn't seem to be doing it??? hoping it was a rock or something wedged in somewhere causing the squeak,,,but if it returns & I figure it out I'll pm ya with the cure.

I didn't get it checked out yet,, but after driving through some serious flood water tonight,,it doesn't seem to be doing it??? hoping it was a rock or something wedged in somewhere causing the squeak,,,but if it returns & I figure it out I'll pm ya with the cure.

Sweet.