Need Help With A Choice

ShortBus

Well, unfortunately I've been bitten by the motorcycle bug. Not the leaned over race style or the offroad variety but the cruiser kind. I'm on the fence about a purchase and would like some help in picking. I have ridden off road bikes for a long time and own a pedal bicycle stoe so the only issue I'm gonna to have is finding the right fit.

I've narrowed it down to 2 cloices. One obviosly is more "practical" then the other

Choice a

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Detail.aspx?id=274

in that color with a 2 inch drop kit and longer pipes

OR

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/detail.aspx?id=278

Which is obviously 5k more and will double the cost of insurance.

Fire away!

I like the 2nd one the first looks like you wanted a harley and momma didn't want to compromise, BUT if you already in that price range may as well look at a Harley v-rod if you want the modern look IMO I had a friend that had the 1st one and it was a great bike, just not for me.

Are you looking only at the metric cruisers?

Might want to look at these:

Yamaha Midnight Warrior

Suzuki Boulevard

I like the Warrior and Boulevard better than the Mean Streak, but I'm a Harley guy :dunno: what do I know :jester:

Harley FXD

Harley FXDC

They all cost about the same money

Harleys are overrated!!!! I had a V-Star 1100 & miss it!!! I have some friends that had the Kawasaki 900's & after a while they wish they went with a bigger bike. I also have a buddy with a totally custom meanstreak & that bike is beautiful! Both are good choices, can't go wrong with Kawasaki! Even though I'm a Yamaha fan.

bonj's bike looks uncomfortable in the seat department. I felt that the 900 was a better fit as far as saddle height and reach. However the same thing can be accomplished with the mean streak. haven't seen the mean streak built yet, it was in the crate yesterday.