Texas Tint Question

So my little sis got her first SS Yesterday 03 BLACK and we already spent all day today modding. We threw a set of 22" Boss 315's on it and a new HU in it today and really want to murder it out like a bunch of guys on here have done, but when we went looking for headlight covers today everyone acted like we were trying to buy a kilo of coke or something. One accessory store told us they were illegal to sell in Texas? and also illegal to have? I was baffled but I'm wondering anyone else in TX have any problems like this, also on the headlight covers do u guys remove em or can I tint them like I've seen the tails done on here? Basically are ya'll driving around tinted up or is it just a show thing and how much hell are u catching and if u have been cited what is the fine?

Headlight covers around the South Dakota area are for "off road" use only. as far as i know they aren't illegal anywhere, your just not supposed to drive down the road with them....even though i do. troopers around here arent quite as strict as some other states I have heard.

I just to drive all around Houston and Alvin and never had a problem. I was on the turning lane and a cop was in front of me (facing me) and nothing. Yeah you will have to remove the top headlight covers when you want to drive at night.

The covers aren't a big deal, the state cops are cool about them; as long as they are removeable and the truck looks ballin' they'll show you love; if you try driving with them at night and it's obvious that you don't have adequate headlight output then yeah expect to get popped. Also, when you get your yearly safety inspection they need to be removed for that.

Mr. P.

The covers aren't a big deal, the state cops are cool about them; as long as they are removeable and the truck looks ballin' they'll show you love; if you try driving with them at night and it's obvious that you don't have adequate headlight output then yeah expect to get popped. Also, when you get your yearly safety inspection they need to be removed for that.

Mr. P.

Not if you know people :)