Spark Plugs

Bryan Roush

Hello, I want to change my spark plugs, i did a search and found alot of info but not the answer i needed. I am looking at either the new e3 spark plugs or the ngk-tr55ix ones. which would give me better performance and do they come pregapped or do i need to gap them. thanks Bryan

Hello, I want to change my spark plugs, i did a search and found alot of info but not the answer i needed. I am looking at either the new e3 spark plugs or the ngk-tr55ix ones. which would give me better performance and do they come pregapped or do i need to gap them. thanks Bryan

Here is one of a few posts that seem to have an answer on the tr55ix: http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...4&hl=tr55ix

you wont get more power from any plug, no matter what adds say. you best be is to make your electrical system as efficent as possible. Improved power and ground cables. The better and more consistant your chaging system is, the more efficent your ignition will be. It wont give you power, but helping all the peices of the puzzle work their best is the name of the game.

If you're going as far as replacing the spark plugs(I said go NGK before because they are tried and true on these trucks), you should really consider changing the plug wires too......I recommend either MSD or Taylor, the stock wires have way too much resistance. :chevy:

agreed. the wires do help. I just did mine a few weeks ago. I use MSD's fit was awsome. Not to mention the ohms range was right at 40-42 ohms per wire. The stock ones I measured ran the range between 950-1000 ohms. :puke: