Fuel Filter

JaySS

i went to the dealer yesterday and had the tranny flushed and the oil changed. when i asked about changing the fuel filter the tech told me i only have one in the tank that doesnt need to be changed. another friend of mine who was a tech said i do have one that does need to be changed. they also never bothered to ask if in wanted a new tranny filter after the flush so im kind of sketchy to believe a lot of what they have to say. ive got an 04' AWD. any help guys? thanks.

You should have a fuel filter under the drivers door on the inside of the frame rail.Changed mine at 50,000 and wow. I have heard of people that do tranny flushes that don't chnge the filter. I had mine changed from my mech. It very easy to change the fuel filter yourself...

Edited by sick03ssbad70velle (see edit history)

thanks for the quick responses, ill check tomorrow. on a side note, i was driving on the highway today, and noticed my shifts have been really drawn out and slow. also, when i was cruising around 40-45, it felt like it was having trouble finding gears. the rpms would jump up to around 35 then back down to 15 then up again even though i kept a steady foot on the pedal???

thanks for the quick responses, ill check tomorrow. on a side note, i was driving on the highway today, and noticed my shifts have been really drawn out and slow. also, when i was cruising around 40-45, it felt like it was having trouble finding gears. the rpms would jump up to around 35 then back down to 15 then up again even though i kept a steady foot on the pedal???

check your fluid level :chevy: