Got Gas Today.

fast4popper

I hear alot of guys complaining about fuel mileage on their SS. It really isn't that much different then any other truck. I just traded in my POS 2004 Ford F-150 Lariat crew cab 5.4ltr. for my 2003 SS with some minor mods and the fuel mileage is only .5MPG off. I've only driven it 4 days so it might be a little off, but not enough to complain about considering I now have a REAL truck.

its mostly the price of fuel thats complained about the most not mpg, cuz my truck get pretty good milage concidering what it is

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually put $50 in every week or so, it puts it up just over 1/2 a tank. Can't afford to fill this pig up anymore.

$3.79/gal in Ketchikan, AK

My brother-in-law just bought a moped the other day, he gets 120 mpg. I'm about ready to invest in one.

It is all just BS. There is no reason gas needs to be this expensive. I remember paying .65 a gallon for premium when I was 17. I never thought I would pay close to $4 a gallon ever for gas. Still won't make me get rid of the truck though! :cool:

If anyone has seen "I am Legend" there is a scene where he is filling up his ride and gas is over $6 a gallon. Only a matter of time I guess.

.65 a Gallon! Did you have to crank start you car back then, or stick your feet through the floor boards?LOL!

LOL! That is what my son always says. You have to figure that was almost 25 years ago. Yes I am an old man!!!!

Did you have to crank start you car back then,

i was paying .29 per gal. to put gas in my first car, and YES i had to crank start it...1915 ford model T :driving: no top, no seats, had to sit on a milk crate, paid $10.00 for it, best fun car i ever owned :cheers:

:seeya:

I took the SRT-10 out for a spin yesterday and drove about 150 miles total and it took $80. That is why I drive the Honda daily instead of the Silverado, Expedition or Rams.

BTW, the Silverado gets the best MPH of the above trucks. I haven't really pushed it now that the 408 is in though.