Belltech Rear Leafs?

05blxss

Did you have to use that kit that raises the carrier bearing ? Planning on going with the same setup on my 06 2wdSS,,just wandering if you have to do it with the leafs? I had to do it on my old extended cab, I put a 2/4 drop with hangers & shackels and the carrier bearing had to be raised.

i have those drop leafs on my 06 with no vibration issues. so do many other members.

so i called belltech back about the leafs they still say they dont fit and they are complety different,with no better explination than that, even after i told them others have used the on thier sss. so anyways i ordered a 2/2 spindel/shackel drop. cant wait. ill post good before and afters for ya.

I got the 2/2 drop and the 2" shackles isn't enough IMO. My back still rides higher than I want. I think the leafs would probably go lower or maybe add the 2" hangers with the shackles to give you the drop you want. The 2" spindles up front are great. I also turned the torsion key bolts a few turns to lower it an extra 0.5-1.0 inch. I think you have to modify the bump stops up front if I remember right.

Did you have to use that kit that raises the carrier bearing ? Planning on going with the same setup on my 06 2wdSS,,just wandering if you have to do it with the leafs? I had to do it on my old extended cab, I put a 2/4 drop with hangers & shackels and the carrier bearing had to be raised.

My '06 2WD has a 1-Piece aluminum drive shaft, and so should your's. In this case, you do not have a carrier bearing and don't need the carrier kit as a result. Enjoy that :cheers:

I absolutely hate their customer service. I ordered the new Street Performance Shocks last Sept, and am still waitng for them. I call every week and all I hear is, we are getting in a shipment at the end of the month. Bull Shit!

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I placed an order for the Street Performance shocks on 08/14/2007 and never received them either. I just cancelled my order over the weekend. I think 8 months is plenty long enough to wait for a product. I guess it's time to start looking into some other shocks. I'll probably never do business with Belltech again. It's a shame too because the products that I have been able to get from them are good.