Dynatech Lt's Vs. Obx

kisthisSS

I'm thinking about upgrading from the shorty headers and stock cats I have now to a set a LT's. Do you think I'll gain very much more from going with the LT's? Would it really be worth it? I like the Dynatech and OBX because they are direct fit. Looking at both of them, their design is almost identical as far as the header itself goes. I know the mid pipes are different and the OBX comes with resonators instead of cats. Do you think that the OBX's will be too loud and raspy with Corsa sport exhaust? I don't mind loud as long as it sounds good. Can't stand raspy! Is the quality of the OBX good compaired to the Dyna's?

Edited by kisthisSS (see edit history)

Ok so I guess I should have done a little more reading before I posted this. I found a lot of info related to this topic. So I feel like a dumb ass. If I could erase this I would but I don't know how ha ha:) Anyway if you have anymore info feel free to chime in. If not excuse me for posting another OBX LT thread. Sorry

I was very surprized how nice the welds looked on the OBX. They have worked out the collector bolts getting lost in improved packaging. My clamps were bent but I think they will still do, but I dont think they are SS. I need to find the plug for the extra 02 holes...I was gonna throw some old spark plugs in there (ghetto) till I found some thing better, I could not find the 18x1.5 size for a plug??

FYI, shorty headers do nothing more than give you better sound, that's all. LTs will give you real performance gains, much more low end torque. :chevy:

:withstupid: , Dan and I have Dynatech's, some have OBX's as well. OBX's are just the old style Dynatech's and require the use of plug wire wraps or some kind of contraption because of the driver's side OBX header comes to close to the wire and will melt it.

Do you have the new or older style Dyna's? The older Dyna's from a few years ago (NOW OBX) have a "hoop" style design and are notorious for melting plug wires if you do not use a protective boot.

I have the new style Dynatech's that were installed in December and they are great! Not problems at all.

The bottom header in the pic is what I am talking about in my previous post:

post-2147-1207706467_thumb.jpg

Edited by KissMySilvSS (see edit history)

• 2 months later...