I Might Be Biting The Bullet Again

wow man thats shittty...

I am not privy to all the details on Lethal's project, but what I have seen from afar makes me agree with you Chase this project went real bad IMO. There's a few things that I would have done differently, like for sure not run a SD tune with a turbo or delivered it back to the customer running as lean as it was. In addition we saw a few other things about the install that were less than professional, I don't know if they were shortcuts with installation or original kit design. Not to mention the project went WAY over budget, over time, and fell far short of promised/expected performance goals as well as puking up the freshly built transmission straight away. But the 408 is legit, we know the man sub-contracted by TRT to do the longblock for this truck and it's one of the good things about the project, the engine was built right on the stand.

The STS can be made to work, but that's the whole issue with the product is that you have to make it work meaning you cannot just expect to slap the parts on and *sha-zam* it comes off the lift running sub-12s. It requires a lot of post-install dialing-in, moreso than other FI kits, lots of dedicated, experienced hands-on is required to make it really reliable.

Mr. P.

I am not privy to all the details on Lethal's project, but what I have seen from afar makes me agree with you Chase this project went real bad IMO. There's a few things that I would have done differently, like for sure not run a SD tune with a turbo or delivered it back to the customer running as lean as it was. In addition we saw a few other things about the install that were less than professional, I don't know if they were shortcuts with installation or original kit design. Not to mention the project went WAY over budget, over time, and fell far short of promised/expected performance goals as well as puking up the freshly built transmission straight away. But the 408 is legit, we know the man sub-contracted by TRT to do the longblock for this truck and it's one of the good things about the project, the engine was built right on the stand.

The STS can be made to work, but that's the whole issue with the product is that you have to make it work meaning you cannot just expect to slap the parts on and *sha-zam* it comes off the lift running sub-12s. It requires a lot of post-install dialing-in, moreso than other FI kits, lots of dedicated, experienced hands-on is required to make it really reliable.

Mr. P.

thanks Steve for input on this. And when we head out to kellers Saturday night we could all gather around and talk bout this project personally and and set up a date to get this thing up and running. For next time we head out to the track and if u want when the truck goes under the knife u as well as me and danny can get our hands dirty

Bring your kit with you tomorrow so I can look everything over.......I will see you tomorrow night and we can sit down and run over your options. I would rather see you sell it and throw a effin bottle on the beast, but we have already talked about that.

well danny I am still cosidering that route cus Im thing I wanna pay the damn credit card off and if I do the the bottle I can take it off ne time iwant to u know what I will let u know by tonite cus I've been thinking real hard bout what I'm gonna get my self into again and if I want to later slap a 2.8L KB but I will think about it today

well danny I am still cosidering that route cus Im thing I wanna pay the damn credit card off and if I do the the bottle I can take it off ne time iwant to u know what I will let u know by tonite cus I've been thinking real hard bout what I'm gonna get my self into again and if I want to later slap a 2.8L KB but I will think about it today

You don't have to decide *today*, we'll do it like the indians and sit in a circle with a peace pipe this weekend and figure it all out lol.

Mr. P.

Well i hate to butt in!!! I dont know too much about these newer engines but i was told by the guy that bult my first stroker, If i want to put boost on the truck that i should watch how much boost you put in due to the fact that the engine is already a high compression engine that it would cause serious problems!!!! I noticed that the list of parts that it had a stroker crank in it! Is it really a stroked 408??? Correct me if im wrong!

yes it is really stroked out but i had a sit down with Danny(sprayed99) and were goin with the bottle and what im gonna start off with but i really think its gonna be the best bet for me but thank u for all who gave ur opinioin bout the turbo i really apreciate it and i will keep yall posted bout the n2o build on the truck and try to sell the turbo

Honestly, I would just try to make the turbo work. the motor is built for it, and you already have it. Its only a matter of making it work now. Finding the bugs and going from there. It might take some time but at least you will not be dependent on NO2 for power. I like the way that boost comes in and its always there ready to be used unlike NO2. I know that you can always carry a full bottle and always have it opened but I don't think to many people do that all the time.

Honestly, I would just try to make the turbo work. the motor is built for it, and you already have it. Its only a matter of making it work now. Finding the bugs and going from there. It might take some time but at least you will not be dependent on NO2 for power. I like the way that boost comes in and its always there ready to be used unlike NO2. I know that you can always carry a full bottle and always have it opened but I don't think to many people do that all the time.

well its obvious you haven't done much with nitrous in your day. hands down the bottle will get him to his goal...not saying the turbo wont but why waste hours chasing a problem when you can just hook up a kit, tune it, and go run it.