Fuel pressure regulator

smithl3

For finite fuel pressure changes I was thinking of getting an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator to put on the drivers side rail there....

Is it possible to put one on without getting aftermarket rails, and if so any chance any of you guys have one??? Just trying to figure out how to get my assumed fuel problem fixed at high revs..

Thanks

BenKey,

It came with an inline pump, that I put under the truck just before the in line fuel filter.

Pressure is good though, stays right on 50 at idle and dependent on throttle will go to between 60-65 at higher revs. Just thinking that maybe with a diffent regulater I can tune the fuel pressure better than having to get a custon tune ten times before I get it right.....

Or do you think I am going about this wrong.

I'll try to get another tune first I guess see if it changes anything

I'm not sure. I'm by no means an expert, just wondered how you came to the conclusion it was a fuel pressure problem. My pressure sits at 55-56 at idle and comes up to 60+ at WOT and I have zero issues, understanding we have two completely different systems. But, the fuel delivery is nearly identical, with inline pumps and 42lb injectors.

I am having diablo tune my truck, I sent them some more info specifically on what my oxygen sensors are reading at different states but we'll see how good it comes out.

SSilverado60,

The vacuum source comes off the intake to the fuel rail, is there a screw of something to adjust, or is there a different means of adjusting it??

Archived