Ss Concept Backseat

jballer323

This could possibly be in the wrong section but o well...i was drawing some sketches today and was wondering if it would be possible to do my backseat like the pic, but instead of the helmet and the hump in the floor, i would build a box with a 13" or 15" sub. Can it be done?

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii226/j...t=SSconcept.jpg

hmm i kind of like that idea, it would be easy too. just need to make new brackets for the other side of each seat. im getting my interior done so this might be a good idea, weight loss, the possibility of putting a cage through the two seats, nice find.

I bet you could find a couple single fold down rear seats from another truck and get em re-upholstered to match your interior. That would be cheaper than cutting up your own back seat

What truck would i get these seats out of?

Thinking about it more its entirely possible, a lot of guys put the suburban second row captains chairs in the back of a crew cab.

Only issue would be space....since they are buckets that would be a bit angled....however I think if you use less padding...some memory foam or something for support.

The real challenge is to get matching buckets stlye for the front....

I don't think it would be too hard at all. sure, with the stock bench it would take two sets of custom mount brackets, sectionalizing, reframing/welding, and re-upholstery, but all in all not alot of work.

I like Chase's idea of the cage too. Would make positioning the seat(s) and the bars alot easier.