Suggestion For Better Times On Drag Strip?

elcodavid

I got a 2006 Silverado SS RWD. Ive installed a Volant cold air intake, MSD wires, PCM for Less Tune ECU, and a flowmaster muffler. I ran a 9.09 on the 1/8 of a mile with a 60ft time of 2.08 at 77.61mph. Reaction time of .96 with 18 inch Nitto drag radials. Removed tailgate, spare tire, and tow hitch.

Does anyone one have any suggestions on how i may get better times on the 1/8th of a mile!!!

Any help will do to imporve my times!!!!

Thanks!! :cheers::thumbs:

Buy a dodge :jester:

Seriously, I'd get a set of longtube headers, and a 3kish stall torque converter. Those two mods will make a huge difference in your times given you can keep traction. You could also try pulling your front sway bar which should help with weight transfer and if nothing else cuts your weight down. You could also start pulling extra weight off of the truck, but I'm not a huge fan of doing that. That's what I would recommend before digging in the motor. A 9.09 is VERY respectable for the mods you have. :thumbs:

Buy a dodge :jester:

Seriously, I'd get a set of longtube headers, and a 3kish stall torque converter. Those two mods will make a huge difference in your times given you can keep traction. You could also try pulling your front sway bar which should help with weight transfer and if nothing else cuts your weight down. You could also start pulling extra weight off of the truck, but I'm not a huge fan of doing that. That's what I would recommend before digging in the motor. A 9.09 is VERY respectable for the mods you have. :thumbs:

yeah most definatly get a stall and LT's, that will put a smile on your face

Thanks guys. Tracktion was a problem even with the DRS. That 9.09 was my best run.

My worst was a 9.43. I smoked the tires pretty bad. Maybe I'll try those M&H DRS.

Anyone tried those yet? What size? :confused::cheers:

what psi did you run the tires at?

M&H make two different tire sizes that are both 28" tall, and they're pretty good tires. I've ran Nitto, M&H, and MT drag radials and by far the MT's worked best for me. I'm currently running a set of 295/45-17 MT's and I'd highly recommend them, I think they're roughly 27.5" tall. If I was putting them in order it would be #1 Mickey Thompson #2 M&H, and then Nitto a very distant #3. I can't give any first hand knowledge from running them on a SSS but this is what I've experienced in my truck for what it's worth.

I can pull consistent 1.75 60' times on the MT's at 26#'s of pressure.

Edited by 2006LS2TB (see edit history)

I saw you did a bit of weight savings....

to shed some more free weight. I would drain your windshield washer fluid reservoir and get rid of your tow hooks in the front bumper which are utterly useless.